Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Any more word on waterdog trail conditions?

I was going to head down to the Fort for a 25-30 miler, but my riding partner had to bail and I don't feel like driving down there. I'd love to try Waterdog though! provided it's unridably muddy

·
Registered
541 Posts
I rode Waterdog this morning, and for the most part it is in great shape. There are a few puddles on upper Finch and one muddy section near the top of Canyon Creek. I would say that 99% of it is primo supertack (dude), and 1% is sloppy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Either. None of the climbs are very long, so a singlespeed should do fine. If you bring the big bike, you may want to hit the jumps and drops in Carlmont when you're done with Waterdog. (from the top of Upper Creek, turn left on the road and ride until you see a trail off to the right: map).

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok cool.

I've hit Carlmont on the big bike a few times and loved it! I'd think it'd be pretty muddy though?

Plus, since I'm just back for a couple weeks (go to university in Vancouver and ride the big bike on the Shore constantly) I'm feelin more of an XC ride.

Is the entrance on Lake Road pretty easy to spot?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah, there's a gate at the corner of Lake & Lyall that is easy to spot. The trail system can be confusing in places, but you can put together some great loops. If you get lost you can almost always go downhill and end up at the Carlmont Drive cul-de-sac or on the Lake fire road. Too bad I just went for a ride; I'd be happy to show you around.

·
Registered
541 Posts
coldawg said:
P.S. if the downhills are somewhat tech and/or flowy and would be more fun with 6" of travel than with a hardtail/3" fork, please let me know as it might change my bike decision :)
Most of the downhills are relatively smooth & flowy, and can be shredded very nicely on a hardtail. More a question of preference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i was at carlmont today and it was mostly good conditions, a few sections with puddles and or mud, all and all great conditions.

waterdogs conditions are great too, like someone said above, about 1% sloppy. i did every trail but ohlone today so i saw it all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.