Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Coldawg on Saturday morning for an extremely fun ride at Wdog. Trails are in outstanding condition. Only a couple of muddy spots on Canyon Creek trail. I think we climbed finch 3 times and rode pretty much everything in the park. I'm going back for another hit around 2:30 today before heading back to the foothills...

Below...Coldawg rails a turn

Attachments

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
bigboulder said:
I'm going back for another hit around 2:30 today before heading back to the foothills...

Below...Coldawg rails a turn
Dam if I knew you were riding today I would have brought the bike, got back to the bay area last night and heading back to the hills tomorrow. Gonna try and get out tonight somewhere in the south bay, PM me if anyone has plans for tonight.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Rode Waterdog today and it is in superb condition. The trailwork done on Finch (the switchbacks) is fantastic - it's going to survive the coming winter storms much better than last year.

I ran into Patty and Reba out there doing more cleanup - thanks to you, Patty and the other workers who cleaned up Finch!

The ladder on Rambler (over the Rambler) is super-slick, at least on my Nevegals with a bit of Rambler mud on them. I needed a clean chamois after the rear tire sliding on every pedal stroke while crossing it!

Lots of hikers/joggers - way more than usual - all really, really friendly though! First time I've seen hikers outnumber bikers in Waterdog!

I took an exploratory ride across Hallmark to the "Upper Lake Road" trail - it doesn't seem to really go anywhere useful (on a bike) .. or did I miss a turn?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.