Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike's thinking of dragging a few of us around there, if he can make it back to town in time, anyone else game??

I'd like to get another group thing going. :thumbsup:

It's open for the most part, correct??

·
Bomber
982 Posts
yes it is. I am there almost every week, and usually mondays...if you dont mind maybe this mtbr noob could tag along (I know the trails well)...when are thinking of riding (time?) cause I usually cant hit the trails till 3-ish on mondays (school+train).

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
obionespeedonly said:
Mike's thinking of dragging a few of us around there, if he can make it back to town in time, anyone else game??

I'd like to get another group thing going. :thumbsup:

It's open for the most part, correct??
I'm off on the 19th. How about a weekday ride then?

·
Uncle
4,389 Posts
Wetdog? I hate that smell...

Where is this place? Doubt that I could make it on a weekday, but I can better assess my likelyhood of participation upon acquiring knowledge of the location.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
Waterdog is nestled in the belmont hills right off of 280, with multiple short trails for both begginer and intermediate riders. Great place for a ballsy begginer or a afterwork ride. Not only that but 10 minutes away (and a 20 minute ride) is Passion Trail Bikes!

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan'ger-

Sounds possible. Let me see how the schedule looks for that week, we have some stuff going on.

Juanzelli-

I wish, not sure if they allow night rides there, besides, I don't want to be out there in ski gear trying to stay warm, having a Tom Hanks/Castaway/"Wilson!!" moment trying to rub two sticks together. :p

Audi0phile-

I might be game to the time idea. Wanna try and show me around out there the 5th to scout things out??

The reason for the two datesets is the first will be a scouting trip, the second set is around President's Day, so more peeps can join us!!

Attachments

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
obionespeedonly said:
I wish, not sure if they allow night rides there, besides, I don't want to be out there in ski gear trying to stay warm, having a Tom Hanks/Castaway/"Wilson!!" moment trying to rub two sticks together.
Night riding is not legal there, but it isn't currently enforced either. I think this could all change if lots people ride the tails that are near houses (like Ramber Trail where it is on top of the ridge and goes right by houses), which may cause people to complain. These people feel they paid a few million for a house with a view bordering on a park, and don't like to see HID lights flashing by their windows...

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
Midweek I might be able to make if it's an afternoon ride. Depends on my work schedule, which is in constant flux, so don't make plans around me. Make your plans and hopefully I can get there.

I've only been to Waterdog once, and it was plenty fun.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
For sure

Audi0phile-

I might be game to the time idea. Wanna try and show me around out there the 5th to scout things out??

The reason for the two datesets is the first will be a scouting trip, the second set is around President's Day, so more peeps can join us!![/QUOTE]

Scouting ride on the 5th sounds great. My train arrives in San Carlos (next door to belmont) at 2:23 so a 3:00 meeting time is perfect. I take it you have not ridden there before? And night rides there, while fun, are a little iffy and very cold. It is best to avoid a full on night ride (versus a getting caught by the dark ride).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.