Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm thinking of hitting up the trails in Waterbury for the first time today and had a few questions

1.) How do they dry up? With all the rain in the last few days I'd rather not ride em if they are iffy
2.) I know there are 3 "loops"- are they easy to follow? and what loop equates to the longest ride?
3.) Where to park?

Thanks for any input and if anyone is up for a ride today ( or anytime this week) def. let me know

Mike

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
I think pretty much everything around Stowe is closed right now... they got poured on with rain in the last week... Yesterday, everything was closed and they got rain through the day...

Best check in with the local shop: Five Hills aka Bike29.com

They'll tell you what's going on!

·
Registered
538 Posts
The upper trials (red and blue loops) are closed right now becuase of the rain....the soil up there is more clay than anything else and holds the water. The lower yellow loop is more sandy soil and should be good to go.

Just to note the longest loop would be blue. Best to loop the blue, up to red, the red/yellow combination. Routes are clearly tagged and should be easy to follow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh cranky, I hope they dry out. I am moving out of VT on and leaving Monday morning. I was really hoping to hit up Waterbury one more time. Hopefully we don't get too much rain and swamp out Sugarbush for the opening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.