Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Get the Fidlock water bottle and holder. This is a unique product because the water bottle attaches to the holder via magnets. You don’t even notice the holder because it’s so low profile. This results in an elegant and efficient design. Every water bottle system I’ve seen ruins the aesthetic of the bike because they stick out in an ugly manner. The Fidlock system looks awesome and securely stows your bottle. I’ve never lost my bottle, even charging down black diamond runs. I wish I had found out about this product long before I did so.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
For my small size frames I really like the Canyon Eject where a regular size bottle won't fit.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
256 Posts
the $7 bottle+cage combos from Walmart are doing as well as any.
Saw your post. Not laughing, but ordering.
I will know soon enough, and I anticipate acceptability.
Biking like a lot of sports attracts spending on stuff that perfectly fine, without the pedigree.
Thanks.

·
Get Down Do you
452 Posts
I love my fidlock. Stays in place and is easy to remove in the tight triangle since you turn it to the side. I liked em so much I bought some for my Daughter and riding buddies.

·
Registered
I secretly ride 12spd
1,963 Posts
Bottles are for roadies, get a Camelbak.
Between all of the bottle setups and hip packs on the market these days, there's no reason to lug around a Camelback unless you're doing a very long ride. I know a lot of guys wear their pack on every ride, but I personally would be ecstatic if I could find a way to throw mine in the trash.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Between all of the bottle setups and hip packs on the market these days, there's no reason to lug around a Camelback unless you're doing a very long ride. I know a lot of guys wear their pack on every ride, but I personally would be ecstatic if I could find a way to throw mine in the trash.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my SWAT liner bib is also a favorite holder of water bottles (2 so far, might do 3 this summer), as they allow me to go packless (in combo with a small frame bag in the front triangle corner of the frame, one water bottle cage, and a frame pump)

·
Registered
Keep things simple
256 Posts
@JackOfDiamonds Done deal Amigo. Mounted on my Florida vacation track style SS.
29221173-724A-4B0D-898F-C805C10E9456.jpeg
SS. Better yet, had an offset pump holder so I could look vintage with it and bottle on same mount.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts