Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a little off topic but my laziness takes over when I get home from a long ride and often leave left over Hammer or Cytomax in my bottles and ends up leaving nasty floaties in my bottles, what tips or tricks do you guys use to get rid of the funk? I recycle most of my free bottles from races but want to try and keep my sponsors bottles and shop bottles.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
soak in a solution of hot water and oxyclean. That will clean the bottle. Oxyclean is so good that no scrubing is required. Just soak it over night.

then

soak in a solution of cold water and bleach. That will kill any mold and bacteria making the bottle sanitized

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have the slightly larger bottles and use a whole tab. Half might work just fine as I use a whole one in my camelbak. They're cheap though and seem to be very similar to the camelbak cleaning tabs. hmm.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
1/4 cup of bleach in 5 gal. of water is all it takes to sterilize anything. MIx a batch in a utility bucket and soak your bottles overnight.

After use, rinse well and dry quickly. You should get several uses before needing to sterilize again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.