Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the threads for my bottle cage have basically been warped out of my frame.......Is there any way I would be able to attach a bottle cage on my frame???

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric Hoefer said:
for really cheap you could zip/wire tie it to the frame
I actually considered that because one of the threads is still legit so it would hold but I dont know how long it would last.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
mtb+me said:
I actually considered that because one of the threads is still legit so it would hold but I dont know how long it would last.
If one of the threads is still good and you zip tie the other one tightly it should hold for a good long time. Ive had zipties holding a peice of rubber on my chainstay (to protect from chain slap) and they have been abused and havnt come loose in 4 yrs.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
shiggy said:
Hose clamps work better. Use a wrap of electrical tape under them.
I was going to reccomend those but I couldnt think of the name I used them to rig up a ghetto mount for my homemade light.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Helicoil

You can use a heilcoil. It is an insert that replaces the threads. This is the best solution for striped threads. Should be able to find it at hardwhere and auto parts stores.

Attachments

·
lover not a fighter
198 Posts
The seat post bottle holder (profile design) pictured above can only be used on seat posts 27.2 or smaller... so be careful as most MTB seat posts are larger.

However... Minoura makes one that clamps onto your seat rails! Works great!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Rthur2sheds said:
The seat post bottle holder (profile design) pictured above can only be used on seat posts 27.2 or smaller... so be careful as most MTB seat posts are larger.

However... Minoura makes one that clamps onto your seat rails! Works great!
I have an old one made by Profile, but I'd only use it on a road bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.