Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I was wondering if there is a standard positioning for water bottle bosses on a gravel bike frame. I’m looking to mount one on the DT and one on the ST. I was wondering if there is a standard position that keeps them as low as possible but ensures the cages don’t collide?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
There are several ways of looking at water bottle positioning depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Something easy to get to during a race is not the same as something that keeps weight low, then there are all of the variant configurations. Best to spend some real time planning out the goals and how to do it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For two bottles I generally go low as possible on the st and then follow with dt however low it can go without clashing. This generally leaves the dt bottle in an ok position for racing. If you are still using a front mech then that needs considering.

On my mostly cx bike I went with just a single dt bottle as low as possible (to leave as much shouldering space as possible). For me this turned out a mistake as the dt bottle is a bit too low for quick access.

Go have a ride and drink on your current bike and consider the options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.