Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Years ago I was pretty serious about buying an Ellsworth. All the reviews indicated it was a great riding bike. When I was at the shop about to plunk down the cash, some dude walked in and said, "Nice bike, but if you break it you're screwed." I took that to mean "difficult warranty department."

A week later I bought an XCE - it had a Horst Link and the warranty was very good.

If I understand that demonstration correctly, my Horst Link SPOT rides as well as any ICT bike AND it has a good warrranty (crash replacement program).

I am constantly reminded about the choice I made.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
I'd have expected more original music to go along with the nice Gothik font. Who'da expected such cheesy rock riffs?

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.

Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

"Riders know"

Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.

·
Ridin' in iRie meditation
312 Posts
Obviously there's a strong bias against TE and Ells on this board and thus, the reaction to this video is decidedly negative, but from a marketing perspective it's not a bad.

I personally don't have anything against Ells; I've never ridden or owned one, and never will as I can't imagine anything riding better than my Spot. Nonetheless, I do like what he's done here. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this type of marketing from other bike manufacturers.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
BlueMountain said:
It would be better if he hired a spokesperson to speak for him when he got the urge to talk.
Isn't that Rogue Rider Kenny, among others in the past? None of them did very well in that capacity, and not due to incoming complaints at all. Hiring by ego, as it's been called "over there".

Now the manufacturing team walks out...oof.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.
Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
tscheezy said:
Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
Guess you didn't see the EW frame was posed as unsagged in the same simulation.

I thought that you, of all people, would have noticed that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:

Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

"Riders know"

Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.
Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.