Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and aosty are headed up your way. We are lining up some rides, & would love folks to come along. Here's the plans:

Arrive near Eugene or so Sat
Sunday - McKenzie river trail or Alpine
Monday - whatever one we didn't do sunday
Tuesday - Drive up to Mt St Helens and ride ride ride
Wednesday - maybe a short ride then back home to Ca

We would love a tour guide for Mt St Helens, and anyone who wants to join the other rides is more than welcome (we've conned some locals into tor guiding us the first two trails already). Beer will be offered as compensation.

PM me or post here. Cheers!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Impy said:
Me and aosty are headed up your way. We are lining up some rides, & would love folks to come along. Here's the plans:

Arrive near Eugene or so Sat
Sunday - McKenzie river trail or Alpine
Monday - whatever one we didn't do sunday
Tuesday - Drive up to Mt St Helens and ride ride ride
Wednesday - maybe a short ride then back home to Ca

We would love a tour guide for Mt St Helens, and anyone who wants to join the other rides is more than welcome (we've conned some locals into tor guiding us the first two trails already). Beer will be offered as compensation.

PM me or post here. Cheers!
ARe people even alowed to ride near mt st helens??? Last time I was near helens was a long time ago but people weren't allowed anywhere near the mountain...

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
We have 10,000 highly skilled mountain bikers ready to welcome you to the great states of Oregon and Washington. Unfortunately out of the 10,000, 9.311 will be working. It would be more but the unemployment rate is high. Out of the 689 that are left 352 live in some town like Eugene or Bellingham and have wives or girlfriends have told them then need to go shop for granola when you will be here. That still leave 334 of the best mountain bikers on the west coast. Unfortunately out of those 73 are still recovering from broken ribs, legs, and arms from Schweitzer. They really are a bunch of weenies. Out of the other 261 bikers left unfortunately 82 are from the Oregon and live with their parents. Football season is coming up so those 82 are sitting in their basement watching video tapes of each time the Ducks beat the Huskies in the past 10 years. They wont be coming out of their basement either until football season starts. That still leave 179 of the best bikers around. Unfortunately 158 of them are in jail for failing to pay child support or argueing with the police in Eugene. Unfortunately out of the 21 left they are all riding some ridiculous trail that they have ridden 300 times before and dont know any other trails. (tapeworm to name one). There is still hope though, a lot of people seem to find a way to get out of work to go ride. Welcome to Washington.

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
True That!

borregokid said:
We have 10,000 highly skilled mountain bikers ready to welcome you to the great states of Oregon and Washington. Unfortunately out of the 10,000, 9.311 will be working. It would be more but the unemployment rate is high. Out of the 689 that are left 352 live in some town like Eugene or Bellingham and have wives or girlfriends have told them then need to go shop for granola when you will be here. That still leave 334 of the best mountain bikers on the west coast. Unfortunately out of those 73 are still recovering from broken ribs, legs, and arms from Schweitzer. They really are a bunch of weenies. Out of the other 261 bikers left unfortunately 82 are from the Oregon and live with their parents. Football season is coming up so those 82 are sitting in their basement watching video tapes of each time the Ducks beat the Huskies in the past 10 years. They wont be coming out of their basement either until football season starts. That still leave 179 of the best bikers around. Unfortunately 158 of them are in jail for failing to pay child support or argueing with the police in Eugene. Unfortunately out of the 21 left they are all riding some ridiculous trail that they have ridden 300 times before and dont know any other trails. (tapeworm to name one). There is still hope though, a lot of people seem to find a way to get out of work to go ride. Welcome to Washington.
Which leaves one to sit here and post at MTBR.com! I'm going riding,

Later :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
borregokid said:
I'm from bellingham.. So, I'll add that if you like to smoke pot and hang out with hippies then bellingham is the palce for you. lol, i don't smoke pot or hang out with hippies though...

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
turdburgle said:
ARe people even alowed to ride near mt st helens??? Last time I was near helens was a long time ago but people weren't allowed anywhere near the mountain...
Geez dude, quit hanging with the hippies and go ride Plains of Abraham, Smith Creek, Windy Ridge, etc. There's lots of riding 'near' the mountain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts