Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first full suspention ride,a 2007 specialized stumpy fsr.
It's second hand, and mint. I paid 650 for it with shoes. Do you think that's fair?
Second my last ride was 2001 kona roast. Do you think there will be much of a difference? I love the kona just thought it saw a good teen to upgrade. I ride mostly xc not many big dropoffs but more faster downhill riding
Thanks jim

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
it's a good AM trail bike but

just like cars, was it a good deal? Depends on the shape it's in, and how it was maintained. Bike was over $2K new, so the price seems low. Prices are always low for a reason.

If I posted and said I got a 3 year old Toyota Corolla for $3500 and asked if it was a good deal, what would you answer?

It depends.

Jim

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
you should get the suspension checked, also see if there is any play in the suspension linkage after that check for play in the cranks and head set. also the fact you got it that cheep does not surprise me i see then listed for really cheep on craigslist all the time, people need money quick in most cases.but any way ride it to death and enjoy your self and it will be worth it.

·
Banned
2,665 Posts
What JimC said.

Based on price alone, assuming it's in mint cond., it seems like a really good deal compared to what's sold on e-bay recently. Closest I see is a 2007 SJ FSR Expert that sold for $1225 (with a broken pedal).

It'll even be a better deal if it fits you and the type if riding you do. If not, flip it for a profit :D

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
If it's in good condition it is a steal I still have mine after 3yrs and it is one bike I really have not wanted to sell after getting rid of numerous 6 inch trail bikes.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
Greek023 said:
Thanks i just need to wait for all the snow to melt to take he on the trails! Do you know much about the fox float suspention?
try snow riding its more fun then it would seem, also all i know about fox float suspension is its better then my rock shox stuff:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.