Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was seeing the warrior pro frame for a great deal around $300...but didn't know what size to order! I am 5'10 and read that the 19 inch frame would fit me... from 5'9 to 5'11. I was thinking that the 17 inch frame would be more appropriate for a person my height. Any ideas?

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
horselover said:
I was seeing the warrior pro frame for a great deal around $300...but didn't know what size to order! I am 5'10 and read that the 19 inch frame would fit me... from 5'9 to 5'11. I was thinking that the 17 inch frame would be more appropriate for a person my height. Any ideas?
depends on whether you want a more stretched out xc feeling bike or a more upright all mtn feeling. I'm 5'11" and feel perfect on the 19, especially with a 110mm stem. 17 is too small, but can ride it, feels more FRish. I'd say 19.

hope this helps.
dante

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I like a more xc type of feel. But I would still like to be able to flick the bike around once in while. I don't really like to smalI cockpit feel... I think I will give the 19" a try. Thanks for the info dante!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got to try a 19" Warrior comp...they didn't have any Pros or Elites built up! I thought that the 19" frame was a perfect fit! Besides having poor components on the comp, I can just imagine what my bike would feel like w/ all XT and some nice avid discs! One Sweet Ride!

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
horselover said:
I just got to try a 19" Warrior comp...they didn't have any Pros or Elites built up! I thought that the 19" frame was a perfect fit! Besides having poor components on the comp, I can just imagine what my bike would feel like w/ all XT and some nice avid discs! One Sweet Ride!
glad to hear that you got to sit on one, that's the BEST way to size a frame up, to actually sit on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.