Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new RaceFace Evolve Crankset with a 68 108mm ISIS SRX combo on ebay a month ago nothing thinking about sizes due to my ignorance and newbieness. During installation everything went smooth. The problem I have is that my front deraileur wacks the crap out of the top crank during low shifting.

I realize that the BB is short and after doing some research on my IronHorse Warrior, a guy in WA stated by his books its at 68/116 BB that I need to add. I have looked for a ISIS BB in that size but they all seem to be 68 113 or 68 118? I would like to find a decent quality ISIS for XC riding.

Hopefully this is my fix to my problem. Any posts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
178 Posts
evolve crankset

I run the evolve crankset on my '03 hollowpoint. The 108 is the correct BB for that crankset. The arms are machined a little different than most, and that is why the 108 works.
Whenever you change cranksets, the chainline changes somewhat. So you need to re-setup your front derailleur as if it were new also. Height on seat tube, in and out stops and then re-tension your cable.
If you haven't done that yet, that is the place to start. Not by changing BB's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z,

Thanks for your reply. Im very new at working at MTB drivetrains. Any pointers, guides, online instructions that I can follow. I have a book coming my way on mtb but being overseas its really taking its time.

Thanks again.

zoo00oom said:
I run the evolve crankset on my '03 hollowpoint. The 108 is the correct BB for that crankset. The arms are machined a little different than most, and that is why the 108 works.
Whenever you change cranksets, the chainline changes somewhat. So you need to re-setup your front derailleur as if it were new also. Height on seat tube, in and out stops and then re-tension your cable.
If you haven't done that yet, that is the place to start. Not by changing BB's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.