Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, ALL

I am a happy owner of a Blur LT 1 bought 10 months ago.

Today I have taken the bike to LTMRACING (Spain Unique distributor), because of creaking of the lower link bearings. The have told me the bearing are in warrantee, but the handwork is not.

As I understand in the Warranty that figures in the web:

Limited Frame Warranty
Santa Cruz Bicycles will repair or replace at its option any frame it determines to be defective. The warranty will be in effect for two years from the date of sale and applies to the original owner. This warranty does not cover custom finishes.

Nothing is said about the handwork, how can I have my warranty without paying the handwork?

Has someone had the same problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Many people seem to have the same issue. If you feel like taking the bearings out yourself, you can send them back to Santa Cruz and they will replace them. I believe that usually takes 2-3 weeks in the States...have no idea about how long it would take with extra shipping to Spain. What most people do is purchase an extra set of bearings off the Santa Cruz website, replace their bearings, then send the old ones back...That way next year when you need to replace the bearings again you'll already have a set, and you can send in the old ones again to have another back up set....Unless you want to just not ride for a month while you're waiting for bearings to ship.

About the labor, if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself then you'll pay your shop every time you want to replace them...but most people on here do it themselves...

Hopefully some others will post out of personal experience, but Ive read many reviews of just what youre doing and thats why I went with a Superlight...single pivot, much much less maintenance...

Hope that helps.

·
mtbr santa cruz member
147 Posts
Lifetime Bearing Guarantee!

Here is what I have. I am shipping out a set today.

SCB guarantees all bearings for life, on all bike models, to the original owner. We will offer free replacements in exchange for Proof of Purchase AND your old bearings.
This offer is retroactive for all customers with all models.

You must cover the cost to get your bearings to us, but we will pay to send replacement bearings to you. However, SCB will not be liable for any labor costs involved in swapping out the bearings.
If you want to get your new bearings fast, include a description of your frame (size, model) and how long you had your bearings.
Please direct all bearing questions to our tech department HERE.

Please mail your bearings to us here:
Santa Cruz Bicycles: ATTN - Bearing Replacement
104 Bronson Street #22
Santa Cruz, CA.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
I'm sure some will differ, but at our shop we almost always do a service like this for free labor if the customer bought the bike in our shop. Fine print or not, we feel this is the way to go for one of our customers. We usually won't do this for someone who has a used bike or a bike purchased elsewhere even if it's still under warranty, as far as labor is concerned. If you think about it for a minute, we could nearly go out of business doing free labor on some warranty issues for people who didn't purchase the bike in the shop. Now...some labor warranty issues are covered by the manufacturer for anyone who walks in the door with a bonafide warranty claim. That's usually done by credit toward the shop's account with that manufacturer...no problem there IMO. This policy varies wildly, so take that as general info and not gospel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts