Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GreeneDog
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green Yellow Botany Bamboo Close-up

Never thought I would see the day, but my frame failed. I brought the bike into the deal and he then showed me two more that he had just done. Is this a common issue with the MKIII? Failing rear triangles? My dealer had a rear triangle that broke on the weld and all the way around. How many others have had their rear ends warrantied? Also, anyone else not like the idea of a miss match bike after the warranty?:madman:

·
GreeneDog
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are going to replace it, but like a spoiled kid I want everything. I want it to match my bike. :madman:

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
I've got the flat black '07 rear triangle with the green front triangle. I think it looks pretty cool.

·
aka Gumbo
75 Posts
I needed to have the rear triangle on my 2007 mkiii replaced because of a crack after one riding season - fortunately my LBS found it during winter maintenance - I did not even know it had a crack in it. Hopefully if it happens again my LBS will still be able to get a replacement from Iron Horse.

·
GreeneDog
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess its a lesson learned. I contacted IH about the warranty issue and state that I did like the idea of a two tone bike after the warranty was complete. At first they were very clear about sending out the black rearend. After a few more exchanges of email Carl from IH said he had found a match(color) rearend for my bike. He contatcted my bike shop to confirm and its done. At this point I am very happy with the service IH has given me. :thumbsup:

·
GreeneDog
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got my bike back after the warranty job. The whole experiance was perfect. IH did stand behind their product and I think that is awesome. Carl from IH went the extra mileI feel and found me a matching color rearend for my bike and then next day shipped to my shop. Very happy with everything. Thanks Carl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.