Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think it really exists... If it does I can't tell you for the life of me why. I mean the disk brakes indicate this is at or above the DS1 model. But it uses a suntour XC fork when the DS1 uses an RS Judy. Then there is the fact that it has an 8 speed cassette where as the DS1 has a 9 speed cassette. Finally why does it have sram derailleurs? I don't think Giant has ever used sram components before. I know there is a first time for everything, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh and yes that is the same frame.

JOSH

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
JOSH130 said:
I don't think it really exists... If it does I can't tell you for the life of me why. I mean the disk brakes indicate this is at or above the DS1 model. But it uses a suntour XC fork when the DS1 uses an RS Judy. Then there is the fact that it has an 8 speed cassette where as the DS1 has a 9 speed cassette. Finally why does it have sram derailleurs? I don't think Giant has ever used sram components before. I know there is a first time for everything, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh and yes that is the same frame.

JOSH
Notice how the website on the Contact page says they are in Singapore. That right there hsould tell you that it probably does exist but like many other bikes is a non-US sold bike just like the Giant Acid.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Shameless Knock Off!

I love some of the brands in the parts spec..."KENDA John Taman Nevegal 24x2.5"

Yeah! John Taman, that fool was killin it in his time

"Truvative 42T"

Truvative...you have to pay a little extra for the "E" on the end, this is not your average junk here :D

"Axel -Sealed bearing quare type"

HA!! all you fools wasted your money on that stupid ISIS or square taper when everyone knows that quare type is the sh!t !!

If you want one of these bad ass rides, just send them your credit card number, they will ship ASAP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
certainly not just spellind mistakes eh mvrider?

And sorry about the rant I didn't really investigate the site. The bike is just such an odd mix of good and bad parts I can't really understand it.

JOSH

·
Absurd
919 Posts
JOSH130 said:
certainly not just spellind mistakes eh mvrider?

And sorry about the rant I didn't really investigate the site. The bike is just such an odd mix of good and bad parts I can't really understand it.

JOSH
Oh, they probably were just spelling mistakes or something lost in translation. But hey, as long as I'm blowing my boss' dollar sitting on the internet all day, I may as well get a few laughs out of it, right?

·
Comtbiker12 has it right. Giant is a very large company with different sales groups in different parts of the world. Sometimes certain parts of the world feel a need to make a bike they feel is very specific to their region. Hence you have bikes like this "pop up." This bike is listed on the Japan website as a Warp DS1.
Go to http://www.giant.co.jp/2004/index2.html (no html skills- so copy and paste.) The Singapore distributor may have wanted the same bike with a slightly different name. I don't think you could get one unless you went to Japan or Singapore.

/yes I'm a homer for Giant

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yeah, thats why there was some confusion awhile back between canadian and american models, where canada was still using the ATX designation, and the states had started the DS designation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts