Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The tires are not tiny, they are as advertised. The old ones were a bit oversized and they stretched a lot as they were so thin, although mine never stretched that much.
And the old ones simply did not hold up, they were too lightweight for most. I do wish they still offered the lightweight versions for riders that prefer them, I would certainly use them for my wife's bike.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I suspect your method of measuring is contributing to your measurements. You stated carcass and tread are similar, when in reality there is at least a 1/4" difference between the two.
GL.

I have roughly 500 mtb tires on shelves in my garage. I would say your generality is incorrect, with a high degree of certainty.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I did talk to a very helpful rep in BC. He did confirm that stretch on these will take longer than usual, and they are now designing for wider rims than I am using. There you go. I get to exercise patience. We shall see.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did talk to a very helpful rep in BC. He did confirm that stretch on these will take longer than usual, and they are now designing for wider rims than I am using. There you go. I get to exercise patience. We shall see.
Did he say what rim sizes they're designed around for 2.35" and 2.6"? I have a new Racing Ray 2.35" mounted to 27mm rims that seems pretty narrow...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have Super Trail Soft 29 x 2.6 Magic Mary and Hans Dampf on i30 rims. They are both around 63-64mm (~2.5") at the tread and close to same at the casing. A few year old Apex Soft 29x2.6 Mary is around 65mm. So not a huge difference but a bit below advertised width. A year old Super Gravity Soft 29 x 2.6 Magic Mary was only around 60mm (2.35").

·
Registered
178 Posts
but what is the erto size printed on the tire???. some are complaning about the size of the vittoria tires, not being true to size according the 2.6 or 2.35 size. but they are perfect according to the erto size. but idk if this is the same on the schwalbe tires

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I measured the widest tread point today on a Super Trail Rock Razor 2.35 at 24psi on a 28mm ID wheel. Measured 2.354".
Sounds like Schwalbe nailed tire sizing to me.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I have roughly 500 mtb tires on shelves in my garage. I would say your generality is incorrect, with a high degree of certainty.
What does the number of tires you own have to do with the quality of your measurements? There is zero correlation. I have eaten more than 500 pizzas in my life. It doesn’t mean I know crap about how to make one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my Nobby Nic Super trail Speedgrip 27.5x2.6 installed on DT XM1501 30mm ID.
Measures 2.36 @ 40psi I doubt that it'll stretch out that much, looks like a low vol tire. 👎

Other Schwalbe tires I MEASURED. I was using a Dig. Caliper from HF.

Magic Mary 27.5x2.6 Super trail Soft( ridden approx 30mi)- 2.54mm on 31.5 ID rim
Magic Mary 27.5x2.6 Super Gravity Soft (ridden approx 20 mi) - 2.48mm on 30 ID rim
Hans Dampf 27.5x2.6 SuperTrail Speedgrip (ridden approx 30mi) - 2.52 on 31.5ID rim

21 - 33 of 33 Posts