Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got my camera back and can take pix of my new Nomad completed. This bike is amazing and has not disappointed. It is smooth and plush. This fork feels good and I love the geometry on this frame, it feels just right for this bike. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I love the fork. It is the Zocchi AM 1. It is plush and adjustable as heck. Lockout, ETA for climbs, rebound, travel adjustment from 130-150 it is great. This is the 2005 in black and it was the alternative to the desert storm but it was only offered in Europe until later on this year. I really dig the way it looks with this fork.

·
Registered
352 Posts
wow nice build! i love the green, looks awsome!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Innocent Bystander said:
Oh My. That is such a great color. We have a Nomad in white, and I thought that was to die for... but the green really takes the cake on such a funky looking bike. Congrats. Post ride reports.
When can we expect the cream 6.6 versus white Nomad shootout? :D :D :D

I hope color wont be the only difference noted in the review! :D :D :D

By the way, I like the comment: "but the green really takes the cake on such a funky looking bike"

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Nice Bike

So are you changing your screen name now?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
onetothepowerofn said:
or a large frame size? Looks great .... and a pretty light build as well - what does it weigh?
Thanks for the comments. This is a medium frame. I am 5' 10" and the bike feels just fine for my height. It is a pretty light bike at 29 pounds. However I plan on changing the tires to 2.35 from the current 2.14 that I took off of my Blur. I will also change the disc brakes to Avid Juicy 7 7" rotor in the front and 6" in the rear. This will probably add an extra pound or two. I'll weigh it again once all the changes are made.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Innocent Bystander said:
Oh My. That is such a great color. We have a Nomad in white, and I thought that was to die for... but the green really takes the cake on such a funky looking bike. Congrats. Post ride reports.
Thanks. This bike is definitely a head turner out in the trails. And I also like your "takes the cake" comment. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KRob said:
Purty bike. I dig the matching CK headset. Very slick.
When I went to pick up the frame, the LBS had the green headset in stock and I matched it up with the frame and thought it was a perfect match. I agree with you it definitely looks great. And yes SuperKat7 I will now change my name, I just have to figure out what to change it to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts