Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Santa Cruz Tazmon frame or complete bike. I've got a superlight now but really love the ride of the old Tazmon's better. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I have been searchng for the right Taz for years and finally gave in to the $2 MTBR ad hopefully it will be fruitful but this board has been incredibly helpful in the past so I thought I'd give it a try as well. Thanks so much.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
farley325 said:
I am looking to buy a Santa Cruz Tazmon frame or complete bike. I've got a superlight now but really love the ride of the old Tazmon's better. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I have been searchng for the right Taz for years and finally gave in to the $2 MTBR ad hopefully it will be fruitful but this board has been incredibly helpful in the past so I thought I'd give it a try as well. Thanks so much.
Expensive but NOS...ad might be out dated too...
http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3019

Could also be outdated...
http://www.santacruzbuzz.com/classifieds_detail.shtml?classified_id=1833&sid=

All google could turn up for now...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw both of those in my initial search. Both too expensive for a Taz in my opinion. I'm about 30 minutes from the Santa Cruz listing and the guy wants $1200 for the frame alone. That's a little steep for an 8 year old bike. I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Rumpfy said:
Expensive but NOS...ad might be out dated too...
http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3019

Could also be outdated...
http://www.santacruzbuzz.com/classifieds_detail.shtml?classified_id=1833&sid=

All google could turn up for now...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought there would be a bunch of old Taz's aorund as well but that doesn't seem to be the case. I posted a craigs ad a couple weeks back and got nothing accept a guy who had his stolen and wanted me to keep an eye out for him. I should never have let mine go. I had two and both were stolen. The first I recovered and then sold for a mere $250 because there were no takers. The next one was stolen and never recovered and now I am on a search for a new one. I was hoping the Veloswap or the Cupertino meet would be fruitful but they weren't. I haven't seen one in awhile, I'll just have to be patient and wait for Ebay to come through as always. Thanks.

Rumpfy said:
I should have looked where you're from...I'm a town or two over in Los Gatos!
There should be plenty-a-Taz round these parts!

Did you make a craigslist posting (i didn't check)?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
check this thread, DMFT had one he was willing to sell, and didn't need another, but I do love the Taz too.
Keep an eye out here and eBay, they come up occasionally. Have you posted on the SC forum?
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=13025
[
QUOTE=farley325]I thought there would be a bunch of old Taz's aorund as well but that doesn't seem to be the case. I posted a craigs ad a couple weeks back and got nothing accept a guy who had his stolen and wanted me to keep an eye out for him. I should never have let mine go. I had two and both were stolen. The first I recovered and then sold for a mere $250 because there were no takers. The next one was stolen and never recovered and now I am on a search for a new one. I was hoping the Veloswap or the Cupertino meet would be fruitful but they weren't. I haven't seen one in awhile, I'll just have to be patient and wait for Ebay to come through as always. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I would put up fliers in shops that sold them. I would think that most of them are in garages of the origional owners. I hardly ever see one on the trail anymore.

Make the run down to SC and try the shops that sold them. 41st Ave cycling center was the biggest Santa Cruz distributer in the day. Another Bike shop sold tons of them too. Try talking to the manager/owner? of 41st. He's real nice and knows his customers well. He'd probably know if anyone was sitting on one. I'ld aslo try putting fliers up in The Bicycle Trip and The Spokesman.

Dave's recycled bikes might have one for sale. His prices always seemed a bit high unless you had something he wanted to trade.

You might get lucky at the flea market on Soquel on Sunday. I got a $80 Breezer and at least five bonty forks there over the span of a year.

cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw that thread and pm'd him - I was too late, its already gone. I think I will start a thread on the SC forum, maybe someone on there has replaced their taz with a superlight or a blur or something. Thanks.
logbiter said:
check this thread, DMFT had one he was willing to sell, and didn't need another, but I do love the Taz too.
Keep an eye out here and eBay, they come up occasionally. Have you posted on the SC forum?
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=13025
[
QUOTE=farley325]I thought there would be a bunch of old Taz's aorund as well but that doesn't seem to be the case. I posted a craigs ad a couple weeks back and got nothing accept a guy who had his stolen and wanted me to keep an eye out for him. I should never have let mine go. I had two and both were stolen. The first I recovered and then sold for a mere $250 because there were no takers. The next one was stolen and never recovered and now I am on a search for a new one. I was hoping the Veloswap or the Cupertino meet would be fruitful but they weren't. I haven't seen one in awhile, I'll just have to be patient and wait for Ebay to come through as always. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the leads, I'll give those shops a call and see what I can find. I've never been to the Soquel fleamarket, sounds like a good excuse to hop over the hill on the tandem with the wife for a little morning ride. Sounds like there are some treasures to be had, nearly as bountiful as the swaps.

Boy named SSue said:
I would put up fliers in shops that sold them. I would think that most of them are in garages of the origional owners. I hardly ever see one on the trail anymore.

Make the run down to SC and try the shops that sold them. 41st Ave cycling center was the biggest Santa Cruz distributer in the day. Another Bike shop sold tons of them too. Try talking to the manager/owner? of 41st. He's real nice and knows his customers well. He'd probably know if anyone was sitting on one. I'ld aslo try putting fliers up in The Bicycle Trip and The Spokesman.

Dave's recycled bikes might have one for sale. His prices always seemed a bit high unless you had something he wanted to trade.

You might get lucky at the flea market on Soquel on Sunday. I got a $80 Breezer and at least five bonty forks there over the span of a year.

cheers

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
farley325 said:
Thanks for the leads, I'll give those shops a call and see what I can find. I've never been to the Soquel fleamarket, sounds like a good excuse to hop over the hill on the tandem with the wife for a little morning ride. Sounds like there are some treasures to be had, nearly as bountiful as the swaps.
Its hit or miss. You'll pretty much find stuff that's no more than a couple of years past being the rage. The bonty forks were cheap and fairly common right as everyone went to the first suspension forks. I had quite a few and I don't remember paying over $25 for any. Sadly I've sold or given to friends all but two.

The flea isn't worth a trip by itself but I don't need much to get me to go to SC. A good ride would do. I went most Sundays when I lived there five years ago. There were two guys who pretty much just sold bike stuff. They also do swaps.

The shops will be the best leads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend of mine has this for sale...hit me with an email or a PM and I'll put you in touch.

Med black Tazmon
Atom Bomb fork
XTR brakes and rear derailleur
9spd grip shifters
Sun/Superfly wheels
Profile carbon riser bar
White Industries cranks
Very good condition
Make resonable offer

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roß said:
A friend of mine has this for sale...hit me with an email or a PM and I'll put you in touch.

Med black Tazmon
Atom Bomb fork
XTR brakes and rear derailleur
9spd grip shifters
Sun/Superfly wheels
Profile carbon riser bar
White Industries cranks
Very good condition
Make resonable offer
Roß,
I couldn't email or PM you for some reason so hopefully you'll see this post. I would love to get your friends contact info. Please send me an email at [email protected].

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.