Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one of these around? My poploc clamp broke so I'm finally gonna get rid of the silly contraption and convert it to a standard knob. Or if someone wants to convert to a poploc we can trade the damper and all.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've converted a reba from poploc to non poploc for free.

Here is what it entails.

You need to remove the motion control cartridge. This has the red swiss cheese thing attached to it. Then find a spring on the inside of it. This spring needs to be removed. It acted to return the knob to the low setting when you released your poploc. It has no other function than that.

Use the info from the sram website to help you. They don't tell you how to remove the spring but will tell you how to get in there. I also find their parts diagrams great when I am taking them apart.

After that, reinstall the moiton control cartridge and you are set. The dial is different in appearance to a non-poplock version, but will function the same.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
DWDW said:
I've converted a reba from poploc to non poploc for free.

Here is what it entails.

You need to remove the motion control cartridge. This has the red swiss cheese thing attached to it. Then find a spring on the inside of it. This spring needs to be removed. It acted to return the knob to the low setting when you released your poploc. It has no other function than that.

Use the info from the sram website to help you. They don't tell you how to remove the spring but will tell you how to get in there. I also find their parts diagrams great when I am taking them apart.

After that, reinstall the moiton control cartridge and you are set. The dial is different in appearance to a non-poplock version, but will function the same.
cool info. i've never messed with a poploc version - didn't know they could be converted that way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
scrublover said:
cool info. i've never messed with a poploc version - didn't know they could be converted that way.
Yah, I hated the poploc lever set up but couldn't justify buying a whole new motion control cartridge. I actually think all of them are the same, with the exception of the spring. It's too bad Rock Shox doesn't sell the spring and lever for those who want to switch to the lever, instead of the whole unit. The spring may be difficult to install though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.