Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my choice is made for a large DT but I really want to see what it looks like...wasn't a big fan of the huge gusset on former models. I am under the impression that the new design doesn"t call for a gusset that large but I would liek to be sure before I pull the trigger

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
There are a couple pics of larges in the inter-bike DT thread. One of the bikes/frames has a 3L on the back of the seat tube.

You are correct. The new 2010 DTs do not have the large gusset. They are one of the better looking large frames I have seen. The gusset on the pre 2010 models was a major buzz kill.

TG

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Here are a couple from I-Bike

The 2009 frames (& earlier) have an industrial look, they are bad-ass. It is probably the stiffest, burliest, 6.5" travel FR bike out there, it can handle stuff that makes some 7-8" bikes whimper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh you did get some actual riding time on those?

great! which set up did you prefer?
I intend specing it with a Totem fork

how tall are you?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
To save me a bunch of typing

You can read this thread I posted form Interbike:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=557520
I had been on a 09 DT all year setup with a DHX coil and 36 RC2, so I demoed the one with the similar fork thinking I would get the best comparison plus it had the 2010 DHX air which was supposed to have better mid range support (it did). After I rode the bike with the 66 on it and was able to get an early production run 66 Ti, I'm now convinced that the 66 is the best fork for the DT. I have a friend that had a Totem air & coil and switched to the 66 also, he is a believer now too. I am 6 ft. tall, 34" inseam, large DT is a perfect fit. Here is a pic of my personal bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THX, same size, same inseam, thank you for your input, hard to get an idea from the sheer numbers.

your pics from the IB are giving me a hard time choosing between raw and black ano:crazy:

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Mr Bling said:
THX, same size, same inseam, thank you for your input, hard to get an idea from the sheer numbers.

your pics from the IB are giving me a hard time choosing between raw and black ano:crazy:
Here's a couple pics of a 2010 Delirium in white just to make the choice harder:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looking real slick but after two painted frame I' mpretty much decided to go either ano or raw...should be a rather simple choice....yet, it's not!:D

·
Registered
513 Posts
whatever you choose brotha, in the end it really doesn't matter until you get the greatest color of all on your DT....a little mud color that is.

ohhhhhhh blk.......my baby.

old pic when new....

too clean....

not much...but a little vid at the end of a stump jump on a little DH run... i'm 250 w/ gear and the DT is just so smooth on this little DH run from the top....speakers on..:)

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Lev said:
I'll bet you think you're soooooo cool riding your DT around the parking lot :p

When you gonna get one to put with your quiver?
I totally slayed that rock garden out front of the shop. I keep thinking the Endo might need some company.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Mr Bling said:
BTW are the new models still scheduled to be shipped mid-March?
Yes, for the first batch of them, but they have most if not all of that batch already pre-sold.

Larry
www.mtnhighcyclery.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.