Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, got these old (2006, I think) Marzocchi Drop Off 4's, and stupidly snapped the air valve in the top cap!

this part inside, where there's a smaller thread into the top cap
------------------V

I found one relevant thread on ST-world, (i borrowed the picture for now)... think the guy has the exact same problem.

I don't necessarily need the entire top cap to be replaced, just the screwed-in schrader valve would save me! So the stanchion diameter isn't too important!

ALSO - if anyone has any NOS old Marzocchi seal kits lying around, would be interested to hear what you have :)

Would be blessed if anyone has one of these or can link me up with someone who does!

Cheers!!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i managed a total blag/bodge fix that seems to work so far....

took the old broken piece out of the top cap, and fitted a presta tubeless stem through the opening... with the o-ring seal underneath facing upwards and couple extra presta nuts to hold it tight.... holds air for now!

might need another o-ring on the top side eventually but a temp fix is better than no forks ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.