Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a fairly high end single crown fork from my ride. Used preferably, but if you know of a good deal on something I may be interested in...

I am thinking a Marzocchi 66, a Manitou Travis, or a Fox 36.

If you do have a decent dual crown, I may be interested too, so let me know.

I'd like to spend less than $500, but if need be, I'll go more than that.

Thanks,
~TERVOR THE GREAT

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
DT - Are you looking for at least 150mm of travel? Thru-axle only? I've got a high end '04 Zoke Z1 FR I may be selling, but it's only 130mm travel and is the QR model. I also recently picked up a used '06 Pike 454 Dual Air u-turn (140mm) with a maxle that I may be willing to sell.

·
Beer Swilling Clyde
323 Posts
I've got a 04 marz Z150 I'm considering selling. The fork is a beast I have yet to bottom it out but I also have never done a drop of more then 5 1/2 feet. It's defenetly not light but if your looking at a 66 niether is that. Shoot me a pm if interested I'm thinking around $275

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
missoularider said:
I've got a 04 marz Z150 I'm considering selling. The fork is a beast I have yet to bottom it out but I also have never done a drop of more then 5 1/2 feet. It's defenetly not light but if your looking at a 66 niether is that. Shoot me a pm if interested I'm thinking around $275
FYI - NuMexJoe on the Ventana board is looking for a 150mm coil fork. You may want to PM him about your fork - I think that's what he's looking for.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on doing downhill racing on the fork, so I'm really looking for 150-170mm. Could I possibly get a picture of the z150? I'm not entirely sure if that'd do the trick for the riding I'm doing...

The main reason I need a new fork is that my DJII is a horrible fork for racing. Over any bumps at a decent speed, the thing packs down, and is basically useless. So whatever you suggest or have, it has to be able to take high speed bumps with incredible ease.

Anyone know anything about the single crown travis'? I know the 170mm SC one is supposed to be nice, but I've never heard anything about the 150mm model...

~TERVOR THE GREAT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.