Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone who knows the Cheyenne Canyon Trails, like the DH ones, and would be willing to lead me and some friends up there this Sunday, the 24th. If you know the trails, then you can help!

Also, anyone interested in joining us for another cool group ride is more than welcome to join!

Thanks,
Michael

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
bikescars101 said:
I'm looking for someone who knows the Cheyenne Canyon Trails, like the DH ones, and would be willing to lead me and some friends up there this Sunday, the 24th. If you know the trails, then you can help!

Also, anyone interested in joining us for another cool group ride is more than welcome to join!

Thanks,
Michael
Hey Michael, you were on the RMX yesterday correct? I was on the Foes. I know the canyon pretty well and Kristian is the man when it comes to shuttling it, but the upper stuff is still under snow, could be awhile I imagine before Jones is rideable. The lower stuff is in good shape and you can connect some trails to make for some good DH runs but there will be some climbing too. A few good runs that will require some climbing are 666 and section 16. We will probably be riding there this weekend but not sure about Sun yet, if you guys want to come along no problem. -Rick

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
rroeder said:
the upper stuff is still under snow, could be awhile
I'm guessing 2 weeks (without snow) before the upper stuff is worth attempting--4 weeks before it's snow-free. Michael, I'm sure we'll do several large MTBR shuttle runs starting sometime in mid-May and running through October or so. I'll trade you a tour up there for a tour of Monument's finest ok?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
I'm guessing 2 weeks (without snow) before the upper stuff is worth attempting--4 weeks before it's snow-free. Michael, I'm sure we'll do several large MTBR shuttle runs starting sometime in mid-May and running through October or so. I'll trade you a tour up there for a tour of Monument's finest ok?
I'd be interested in the tour of Monument as well. :D

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll do that trade! Don't know how much you guys like riding up roads, cause that's how we access most of our trails, and they're definitely all more XC, but I'll trade that!

I have a track meet Saturday, otherwise any day would work for me, but if you guys don't go then, I'll gladly wait for another weekend.

And as far as what is ridable, I can do uphill (slowly but surely) and I have heard good stuff about almost all of that, so I'll play the follower on those rides.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I love riding up roads

bikescars101 said:
I'll do that trade! Don't know how much you guys like riding up roads, cause that's how we access most of our trails, and they're definitely all more XC, but I'll trade that!
I've done Limbaugh canyon and have ridden to the top of Mt. Herman before, but I haven't hit the stoopid trail yet (well, I guess we rode a section of it in the wrong direction). The climb up Mt. Herman road is my kind of climb--if it's not going to be technical, it should be smooth, wide and gradual :). Some people at the top of Herman said there was a freeride trail going down the other side that I would be curious to check out...

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a few that go down the backside of Mt. Herman, but they're all XC. Stupid trail is one of the more challenging XC rides, and it's fun on any bike. If I were to pick a ride and lead you guys, we'd ride up Mt. Herman Road, down Stupid Trail, and finish out at the Work Center. That's a good long ride!

The "freeride" trail happens to be one of those secret trails with a lot of shore, but no one really knows where it is. There is one kid, Thomas Aaby, but he's in Norway right now, so that trail is out for now. If there's any trail requests, just let me know.

Just throw out a date that you guys wanna ride up here, and anyone is welcome in coming!

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess the hopeful guided tour is off this week. Maybe some other time.

Just let me know when you guys want to ride up here and we'll get something together.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Guess the hopeful guided tour is off this week. Maybe some other time.

Just let me know when you guys want to ride up here and we'll get something together.
Rick might still be riding there this weekend. Otherwise, I would be up for a grueler in the canyon next weekend (2,000ish feet of very slowly ridden climbs).

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
kristian said:
Rick might still be riding there this weekend. Otherwise, I would be up for a grueler in the canyon next weekend (2,000ish feet of very slowly ridden climbs).
That sounds good, we could do Buckhorn over to 666 and then down to Palmer, up Palmer and down section 16. If we leave a car at the bottom of section 16 then we can drive up and start from high drive lot, probably about 2000 ft. of climbing and 3000 ft of descending.

Michael- I'm not sure about this weekend yet but will probably ride the canyon tomm., Wildman might come too so your welcome to come along. Not sure about the route yet either.

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next weekend is out for me. Friday me and my friends are going to shoot the heck out of each other with Airsoft, Saturday I am "volunteering" (Tony knows what that means :D ) at a track meet and then going to Prom, and since I"ll get home at 7:00 on Sunday Morning, I"ll probably want some sleep somewhere in there, too. I'll probably put up a new post trying to get any sort of a ride together for the following weekend, cause I didn't ride this week and that'll make two un-ridden weekends in a row! For me that's no good! Hope you guys understood that.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Next weekend is out for me. Friday me and my friends are going to shoot the heck out of each other with Airsoft, Saturday I am "volunteering" (Tony knows what that means :D ) at a track meet and then going to Prom, and since I"ll get home at 7:00 on Sunday Morning, I"ll probably want some sleep somewhere in there, too. I'll probably put up a new post trying to get any sort of a ride together for the following weekend, cause I didn't ride this week and that'll make two un-ridden weekends in a row! For me that's no good! Hope you guys understood that.
Enjoy your weekend! We did a big ride Sat in the canyon, still some snow above 8000ft on N & NE facing slopes but I imagine it will be gone in the next few weeks, top of Jones probably another 3-4 weeks. I'm down for whenever everyone wants to hookup for a shuttle ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.