Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone notice the James Leone Wanted dead or alive posters at the bike show? I think that was a nice touch I wish I came up with that idea. My girlfriend saw him at the show unfortunatly I missed him and never got a chance to give him a pice of my minde.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
1440Brad said:
I say we make up some T shirts and hats, then sell them, and use the money to help keep some of our favorite riding spots open.:D
BUWHWHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

The irony behind this is that once you educate people they would probably back you up and buy a shirt, too!

Honestly, i'd say this would be a good start to getting something going. No, really. Call it the JLRC (James Leone Riding Club) or something like that.

What's the ONE thing that riders can universaly support unanimously? Having their trails closed down, of course. Make up some shirts for cheap, sell them for profit with the proceeds going to keeping local places alive. If only for the idealogy i'd bet you could get at least a little somehting out of it.

Best of all - it's not like he can sue you for selling a shirt like that.

Or can he?!??!?!???!?!??! :skep:

·
Registered
349 Posts
AndrewTO said:
BUWHWHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

Best of all - it's not like he can sue you for selling a shirt like that.

Or can he?!??!?!???!?!??! :skep:
I would rather err on the side of Caution and tone down the slogan somewhat.

Maybe 'Wanted for Su(e)ing - Above and Beyond because of a Lack of Personal Care and Control' Yada yada.

Heck we could retain his own firm for legal advice, :) I wonder what his firms policy on Conflict of interest is. ;)

·
Avenger of Evil
577 Posts
How about...."Wanted for ruining the experience for all mountainbikers"
Do ya think that will fly?:D
What about..."Wanted for being an a$$":ciappa:
No..I don't think that one will work.
Any other sugestions?

·
Registered
485 Posts
what a dick???

Johnny Hair Boy said:
Did anyone notice the James Leone Wanted dead or alive posters at the bike show? I think that was a nice touch I wish I came up with that idea. My girlfriend saw him at the show unfortunatly I missed him and never got a chance to give him a pice of my minde.
That prick showed his face at the TO bike show? he must have a death wish. If i'd known he was there I would have made sure he had another accident. That guy makes me sick

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
nogearshere said:
stop it you guys. this is not funny.
View attachment 241088
remember I (me) am the victim here...i am trying to make the sport safer for you...
Oooooooh, of course. NOW I get it. :madman:

**** it up for the rest of us by making places charge us a fortune, in a country where it's already expensive enough to buy parts, if not close down altogether, so then when we wanna go ride we could face charges of trespassing. Let me guess, you'll be there to hold our hands through the whole thing, too. :rolleyes:

I think Dover is right. I'm sure if there were enough people that knew wtf this guy was trying to pull it would have been a mass ensemble of chaos, with no witnesses afterwards. I wonder how he lives knowing there's people "out there" that really want to do him bodily harm?!?!??!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Saw a bunch of the posters taped up around the Don today. So good! I hope this guy loves mountain biking as much as money so he will truly see how badly he effed up in this whole situation every time he tries to ride and gets jeered off the trail.

You ever been to a Raptors/Nets game post Vince Carter trade? We gotta boo WAY harder than that......

Andrew

·
Registered
101 Posts
We are dictated to by big business, insurance companies, banks, politicians, and lawyers. Unfortunately North American culture doesn't embrace cycling because there is not a lot of money to be made, and the long-term economic benefits of a healthy, active, and happy society is too long a sell.

A peaceful and lawful protest might help gain some media attention, put pressure on that large legal firm, and give a good voice to our cause of "Personal Responsibility 101". This one individual is a tiny, tiny part of a massive problem that will continue to haunt amateur sport, and anything in the outdoors.

By being a greedy lawyer James Leone makes a wonderful stage for a peaceful protest. I can't organize it, because of a conflict of interest, but someone with a clear head should. I should stress that any protest should only be of a peaceful and lawful sort.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.