Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED: SRAM – please make a 10-speed XX/XO GripShift. GripShift is the cornerstone of SRAM. If you abandon it for triggers only, you’re basically saying the Big S was right all along. TWISTIES Please....

Hoping for a reveal at Interbike 2010.

[Yes I know there is a guy in Europe converting 9-speed XO GripShift to 10-speed....but I want the real thing]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Me too.

I know the mfg's do not spec bikes with twist shifters, but seems like a big aftermarket audience. Can't believe it is that hard to alter the throw length on twist shifters to make them work.

·
Mr. Gecko
102 Posts
No 10 speed grippers and I also stay with 9 speed.:madmax:

·
Registered
507 Posts
This seems like an everybody wins situation if they come out with twist shifters.

I have only seen one quote from SRAM on this, and it was they are Not going to bring out 10speed twist shifters. Not enough demand and incompatible with some brake levers.

Hope they are reversing that statement, but have not seen anything to indicate that.

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
mtbdcd said:
This seems like an everybody wins situation if they come out with twist shifters.

I have only seen one quote from SRAM on this, and it was they are Not going to bring out 10speed twist shifters. Not enough demand and incompatible with some brake levers..
Without a link to this statement, it's totally worthless...

Hope they are reversing that statement, but have not seen anything to indicate that.
I hear ya there

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm using the cheap SEC version, and need the originals made by SRAM before mine are destroyed

please!

1 - 20 of 402 Posts