Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stroke is 2.25 but what other dimensions do I need to make sure I get proper fit? And does anyone off the top of there head know them?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Have you thought this one through? I don't think you'll save much weight if any at all, the 11/6 uses hyperco spring I believe which is already a lighter wound spring and one of the best spring manufacturers out there,just look what everyone is using on race cars where spring quality is a must (arguable vs swift).

·
Registered
58 Posts
36.5mm ID fitment spring

My 11/6 came with a 350lb spring and Wanted to try a 375lb Spring on my nomad. I'm pretty light weight and if I can cut weight off my bike that's great. Don't know about the various unknown on eBay but my ti-spring.com was 100g diffence. Posted pix in another thread further down about light weight springs. I also have an extra 375lb spring If interest.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
While Ti springs certainly are light, they are poor performing. BetaC which is the most common spring wire used, requires the manufacture to over correct for the materials characteristics when winding. This makes the spring have a tremendously progressive spring characteristic with rates from spring to spring being all over the place.

Our HyperCoils are the latest available without compromise in either performance or durability. While there are lighter steel springs, the fine print will tell you that they need to be replaced each season or less depending on how much you ride.

Darren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts