Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Hershey, PA all next week and am looking to get a few trail rides in. I currently live and ride in Middle Tennessee. I am stoked to see some PA trails. Right now I know I will be getting out on Wednesday, July 7th. Does anyone want to ride or have any suggestions on good trails in the Hershey area?

Mathew P
Ride for Reading
www.rideforreading.org

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is anyone able to and up for riding early on Wednesday morning? My Niner One 9 is excited to hit some new dirt other than that of Tennessee. I would really like to try this Mt. Gretna that everyone is suggesting. If so, feel free to give me a buzz at 615-378-READ(7323) or post up.

Mathew P

·
Registered
160 Posts
SAMBA does a tuesday night ride at Swatara State Park that is about 20 minutes from Hershey. The trail system is a 10 mile hand built single track purpose built for mountain biking. The trails are fast and twisty with no rock, but plenty of logs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Camp Mack does require a permit (yearly) or you can ride with someone that does have a permit. The camp does limit access during the summer months while the scouts are there. However there are still plenty of good trails to ride.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Matt I would be happy to take you through either Gretna or Camp Mack on Wednesday morning. I know both trail systems very well and love em both.
Let me know if you are still into it and what time you would like to meet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great ride today! Mt. Gretna has a little of everything to ride. I was very impressed with the quality of trail. You all know how to build trail in PA!

It was also nice to have Kory guide me around the trail. I was a great technical loop with a little climbing and fun down hills!

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Always cool to hear such a good outcome when such a post pops up.

I traveled for work a few years back and was fortunate to be able to bring the bike each time. (MT, NM, UT) The riding community was SUCH a great resource not only for making sure that my riding time was only on the "good stuff" but also for making sure that I only hit the best places to eat, etc.

Nice job!

Now.... it's been a while since I was at Gretna.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, I am off until the 19th (starting a new job) so if anyone is interested in riding either Gretna, Camp Mack, or French Creek during the week, I know the trails very well and would be happy to show anyone around that would like a guided tour.
P.S. Kudos to all of the individuals that cleared out trails 15 and 13 at Mt.Gretna. What a fantastic job! I have never seen so many trees down in one place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.