Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come help build it!

Please, pass it on to your friends who may not be on MTBR!

This is a CONCEPT plan, the final park features will take time to build and will be different.

Prototyping the first wall ride (to be built October 23rd).

One and possibly two lines will open that day, if we get enough volunteers!

More info (and a larger CONCEPT plan image (link)

Meeting Location

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'd be insterested if i can find someone to carpool with (someone else driving - me paying for some gas)

is there a way to shuttle this?
Off TV Tower Road and down Shooter or Morning Glory. The work site is just below where they join. Or you can ride up Stenner Road past the Poultry Unit or up Poly Canyon.

Zoom this map in and if you are at all familiar with the area, it is easy to find. A couple of our guys live in North County and shuttle / ride in on the work we have done to date.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=35.343950,-120.653565+(Forest+Route+29S11,+CA+93453,+USA)&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=0&ll=35.34395,-120.653565&output=embed
View Larger Map

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More preliminary work was done in the last week.

Some of the wood that has been hauled in for the 180 degree wall ride.

The log over feature.

The plan is to have both features complete and the one line (of three to be constructed) open to ride after the work day.

Google Maps link to the location

FASTA Facebook Page

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went up today to see what had been done this week.

Most of the supports for the wall ride have been installed. The rest are marked and ready for intstall.

The log over ride has most of the decking in place on the exit side.

Standing on top, looking at the exit ramp.

Long range plans are to have a jump off this old tree and the landing on the other side. (All the cut stumps should be removed on the work day.)

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Such a great work day. I didn't do work on the wall ride, but I took a few pictures on my way out. I was in G group with Devin working on the hip.

I had to leave a little earlier then I had expected though. As we're going up the Grade going 70 mph, my friend's bike falls off the rack when a strap broke... I was just like, "OH ****"
we pulled off and got it. He ended up hiking down the old Bombers (or whatever that nasty trail is near the beginning of Shooters-looks like a death trap) to save some time getting there. I think working may have helped out to distract him. Lots of boulder moving with that hip.
He was a trooper about it and so was his bike-replaced the derailleur hanger and the rear quick release skewer and adjust the handlebars and stem and it's good once the seat and bar end caps are replaced. Absolute miracle that something worse didn't happen, especially since it was in the fast lane.

Great day of work, we both really enjoyed lending a hand on this one.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I was out there for a couple hours today and was so surprised at the amount of people and how much work got done! Was it rideable at the end of the day and anybody have any up to date pics of the progress?

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ehigh, my crew was above you, cutting trail and bringing dirt down for the hip in a wheelbarrow.

@jmalloy, we left just before 4pm and Ian was finishing the decking on the log over, if he had enough battery power for the drill. That was the last thing to be finished for it to be rideable, so I am certain it was.

Preliminary count was about 100 people working! Awesome. :thumbsup: Thanks :thumbsup:

Just a few bike of the people who came to help.

The wall being decked.

Almost complete!

Clearing some of the line for trail,

I'll keep updating with pictures as I get them from others.

Like the FASTA Facebook page for more info as the work progresses! We still need plenty of help.

·
pedal fatass!
93 Posts
The line is open! Once my section below the wall ride was done I moved up to help Ian finish, we were there until after 5 with a few other guys and there was still a queue of amped folks waiting to be the first down, which was great to witness.

It's loose, especially in the corners, and we ran out of staples for the chicken wire on the log-over & wall ride so use caution if it's wet, but everyone I talked to who rode it said it rocks. A heartfelt thanks to all of you who came out, everyone put in a marathon day of amazing work. It was really an overwhelming show of support, it made us feel really, really good to be a part of it. Now all we need is some rain to settle things down a bit, but in the meantime some traffic will help compact the tread until we can get another work day together. I'm going up for my first ride through after work!

·
pedal fatass!
93 Posts
Any word of when the next work day will be?
Not yet. We'll have to evaluate & prioritize what is needed & where after having done so much yesterday, and it'd be best to wait until we get some rain to help soil compaction before moving more dirt. When that time comes we'll be able to get the loose ends taken care of on the current trail, then focus on getting the top line cut. Get in touch with us at [email protected] to get on our email list, or keep tabs on the Facespace page if you're into that kind of thing (Fasta - The EUCS Project | Facebook) and hopefully we'll be able to set a date for another workday after CCCMB's Froom Ranch Trailwerks in Mid-November, rain willing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.