Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Anyone have good advice for me? I want to install my new titec pork rinds i scored to my new titanium titec flat tracker. I usually use hairspray on normal rubber grips, and wondered if I still should with these. (these are a foam-ish material) Or do I have to use a spray adhesive with these weight weenie grips. I would rather not have to do the latter, but am curious as to what others have done with theirs. Thanks. Happy New Year.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
Yes usually... I prefer tubular rim glue myself... its sooooo vintage afterall. ;)

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
ifrider2 said:
Hello. Anyone have good advice for me? I want to install my new titec pork rinds i scored to my new titanium titec flat tracker. I usually use hairspray on normal rubber grips, and wondered if I still should with these. (these are a foam-ish material) Or do I have to use a spray adhesive with these weight weenie grips. I would rather not have to do the latter, but am curious as to what others have done with theirs. Thanks. Happy New Year.

I use clear coat paint for foam grips. Works like a charm and you can still remove and replace later.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
E6000 silicone is pretty much the most amazing usable glue you can ever have in your tool box. (I glue all my motorcycle and bicycle (downhill) grips with it and then I safety wire them just for looks)

give it a try, will not damage the paint or finish of you parts and maybe not even the foam on the grip.

maybe you can also use Dual side tape, but i have never try it on grips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts