Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a few years off and haven't been to Annadel for 15 years anyone going out that can take a slowpoke on a new bike. Got a day off to do whatever so why not.

I used to ride in off Stonehedge so that's my only known start point. I don't know how open the trails are now though.

Can anyone give me a little guidance or I can try to keep up and tag a long too.

Thanks

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
I'd love to go with you, but I have to work today :(

My slow poke ride usually starts at the horse trailer parking area of Spring Lake (I have a pass), ride up Canyon to Lake Illsanjo, ride around the lake, and head down Canyon. Spring Creek is a tad tough at the top for a just-getting-back-in ride, the rocks are terrible/awesome!

Good luck! Hope you find a riding buddy.
Clay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I think your route would have been better for me as it was difficult getting started back up spring creek when some of those rocks/small boulders stopped my forward momentum. Also a place platform pedals would have been appreciated vs my clipless. I'll hit you up next time I'm headed up the trails would be a lot more enjoyable with a experienced guide to chase plus I would be a little more aggressive when I know someone will notice me missing if I end up in a ditch.

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Heck yeah! Let me know whenever; I'm always looking for people to ride with on the weekends (if I can make it), and after about a year off I'm really just getting back in too.

Riding a 46 pound Super 8 uphill isn't easy either, so I take plenty of breaks right now!

Clay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.