Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a few years off and haven't been to Annadel for 15 years anyone going out that can take a slowpoke on a new bike. Got a day off to do whatever so why not.

I used to ride in off Stonehedge so that's my only known start point. I don't know how open the trails are now though.

Can anyone give me a little guidance or I can try to keep up and tag a long too.

Thanks

·
530 Posts
Rode Canyon/Rough Go/Live Oak/North Burma tonight and it was all great. Made it across the creek toward the end of North Burma without getting my feet wet, but one of the guys I was with hit a pretty big rock in it, so be mindful of that.

·
ventanakaz
294 Posts
annadel is a nice place to ride i've only been there twice. first time me and a buddy got lost but did 18 miles. second time i came back with more people and we still got a little lost, I brought a map but it was hard to read because nobody had reading glasses so we ended up doing over 21 miles, i liked the slightly rocky trails there. but can't remember the names and would like to go back someday and make it one of my rides...ralph

·
ventanakaz
294 Posts
motofrog said:
Been a few years off and haven't been to Annadel for 15 years anyone going out that can take a slowpoke on a new bike. Got a day off to do whatever so why not.

I used to ride in off Stonehedge so that's my only known start point. I don't know how open the trails are now though.

Can anyone give me a little guidance or I can try to keep up and tag a long too.

Thanks
...btw what kind of bike did you get. hope it was an FS they are more fun than a HT and climb better on the rocky tech...ralph

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
How many miles / feet of climbing do you want? Lawndale/Schultz should be in good shape. You can park at Lawndale trailhead and then bike up the road to Schultz, climb Schultz trail and then when you are done take Lawndale back to the car.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Hey now....

presslab said:
How many miles / feet of climbing do you want? Lawndale/Schultz should be in good shape. You can park at Lawndale trailhead and then bike up the road to Schultz, climb Schultz trail and then when you are done take Lawndale back to the car.
You're not having him trash our trails in the condition they are in now are you? :D

·
530 Posts
JMac47 said:
You're not having him trash our trails in the condition they are in now are you? :D
When I first started riding up in Annadel, I asked Ranger Bob about what trails were okay to ride when wet and which needed TLC. He told me that the backside was best when it was wet, as in Lawndale and Shultz, and of course Rough Go. As for trails that could use TLC, he said he wished only experienced riders would do the Burmas when they were wet because they knew how to ride them without causing them harm. He said it was beginners and anyone else who lays on the brakes that cause them damage when they are wet.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Edit......

Tank Girl said:
When I first started riding up in Annadel, I asked Ranger Bob about what trails were okay to ride when wet and which needed TLC. He told me that the backside was best when it was wet, as in Lawndale and Shultz, and of course Rough Go. As for trails that could use TLC, he said he wished only experienced riders would do the Burmas when they were wet because they knew how to ride them without causing them harm. He said it was beginners and anyone else who lays on the brakes that cause them damage when they are wet.
I vote the only trail we're allowed to ride is OHM Tr. until Memorial weekend, then open all the others June 1st. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1962 said:
...btw what kind of bike did you get. hope it was an FS they are more fun than a HT and climb better on the rocky tech...ralph
Its a Blur LT and I really like the full suspension last time I rode Annadel was on a hardtail with 50mm travel up front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I made it out this morning, Not too sure of what trails I was on. I started off of Hoen/Stonehedge rode in took Canyon then up Spring creek (I think) one guy passed by as I was kicking it by a good size log, I'm sure it was put there for me to lean my bike against so I had to stop and adjust shock pressure some and catch my breath some.

Fast forward to me grunting up the hill realizing that the reason the guy was going down was that it sucks to go up that trail.

On to Lake, down Canyon, up marsh till it got really sloppy and I was tired of climbing then back down marsh and back out the way I came in. With the ever necessary wipe out on the slippery wood bridge.

All in it was a good workout and I should have looked at a map before going out and not on the trail. I had fun but will have more once the trails have dried up a bit and

If these trails don't sound like they connect please correct as the online map I am looking at is not the best.

Thanks for the tips and what is OHM Trail?

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Agreed....

monkei said:
Damn, I think I'm gonna have to try and make it up there Sunday, weathers lookin' good up there and pretty much everything else in my normal range is gonna be a mess.
Sunday looks like the window. If it's clear, and covered with snow, you'll have a great ride and views.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.