Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever wanted to have a hill side to do with what you want? Build a trail there, or put in a jump here, and the governing association be on board with it? I just got word that Merced Irrigation District has allotted an area at Lake McClure just for that. They are opening an area with the notion that it is yours to build, do you want to build BC style ladders and huge drops, bring a shovel and they are ok with it. They are having an Grand Opening thing on May 3rd to try and kick it off. There are a few trails started, but the whole thing has a lot of potential. Hit me up if you have any questions

MID Spring Fest Poster 3-14.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really, it is all within the confines of fenced in area. Really though it is only 1.5 miles and 7-800 feet of elevation from bottom to top, and the whole climb can be had on fire road. So if you are really that worried, you could push your sled up it if it is too hard to pedal. Now if down the road it was set up for a race course then using the fire road to shuttle riders up I could see something like that, but everyday trucks getting into the area nope.

·
Registered
127 Posts
this is pretty awesome! Wish I was closer to bring my shovel and pick axe! possibly a rake hell ill bring a bulldozer a backhoe and 20 pieces of 4x4x16 and 2x4x16 .

On the real, wish I could help out, have fun guys!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is a little ways away. We are in planning stages of a cross country route that we will need some hands on this winter some time. I could probably get discounted camping rates for volunteers during that weekend, I will post up here when that happens. On a side note send me a private message about this bulldozer and backhoe you speak of.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry man. I was kidding. Bad joke I guess.

Sent from my vault using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No biggie, we are in search of mini skid steer or excavators so I got a little excited, but will still keep posted about the build weekend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok cool. It migt be difficult with my kid and school but I'm still interested in helping out

Sent from my vault using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts