Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I'd think twice!!!

Call_me_Clyde said:
Not my bike, and not trying to spam, but I know people are looking for this bike. I'm a bit wary about the listing, but if you are interested, here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Fully-Loaded...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bob
:nono: The seller writes that he payed $1700....This has a real bad SMELL:nono:

QUOTE"This bike has been sold out for a month! I paid over $1,700.00!"QUOTE from ad..

Be carefull...:idea: MAYBE CALL JACK TO FIND OUT IF SAID BIKE WAS ACTUALLY SOLD IN THAT AREA FOR SAID PRICE..

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People lie on ebay???

Pay Here said:
:nono: The seller writes that he payed $1700....This has a real bad SMELL:nono:

QUOTE"This bike has been sold out for a month! I paid over $1,700.00!"QUOTE from ad..

Be carefull...:idea: MAYBE CALL JACK TO FIND OUT IF SAID BIKE WAS ACTUALLY SOLD IN THAT AREA FOR SAID PRICE..
I'm wary about this auction too, and I was thinking about emailing Jack. Problem is, if it wasn't stolen from him directly is it his responsibility to get involved? There's a brand new B-27 RSR up for auction too. Reason listed was "wrong size. selling this to buy the right size". We all know Ibex would take it back for size in a hearbeat. In any event, it's all too common to see people lying on ebat about what they paid or what the bike is worth. My favorite is the guy who had the 1999 Giant Warp DS 1 that he said his LBS just valued at $850.00. I want some of whatever the appraiser was smoking on that one.

In any event, if someone is compelled to call Jack, I'd tell him about both bikes.

Bob

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that too

dogonfr said:
30 minutes of ride time & had a full service :lol::lol::lol:

First time ebayer also :rolleyes:
First time ebayer with a pretty tricked out ad is a red flag. As for the 30 minutes of ride time and full service, I can see one of the two. First off, every ebay bike hsa been ridden gently or seen minimal use, that's a given. :rolleyes: If I bought a brand new Asta and wasn't mechanically inclined, you can bet your butt I'd have the LBS give it the once over out of the box.

Bottom line, I think boith ads are scams.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
If they only accept personal checks or money orders it should be considered a scam. The layout alone is identical to hundreds if not thousands of other bike scams on ebay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I asked about local picup.

"Just wondering if local pickup is OK? Would be willing to pay cash at that time. I have family local to you and visit about every other week."

If he says thats fine I would prob say its fine. However I would watch out for someone with few pos feedback. Or anyone that hasnt had feedback in a few months. I will let you know his answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts