Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I have a bike that didn't come with any ISCG tabs at all. It's a 29er HT with a pressfit BB. I wanted to go 1x10 with a chain guide that had a guide at the top and bottom of the chainring. I ordered a MRP G2 SL ISCG 05 to go with my Raceface NW single ring. Finding an adapter was a little difficult.

I found two adapters that work by using a clamping force around the BB. The first one was by Clutch and was designed for Giant bikes. This one would be too big to fit my 44mm diameter BB. I came across the Csixx adapter and ordered one. It came to USD$42.71 after the conversion and took two weeks to arrive.
http://www.burgtec.co.uk/news/csixx-iscg-adaptor/

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779161.044419.jpg

There weren't any instructions so I gave it a go. There is a bevel on the inside of the adapter which I thought would fit nicely over the welding on the chain stay but it wouldn't line up correctly with the chain guide so I placed it on as much aluminum as I could and was careful not to tighten too much.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779174.931137.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779215.595343.jpg

Next came the chain guide. The adapter didn't sit completely straight up so various spacers were needed to get the chain guide straight with the chainring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779184.371192.jpg

I think I got it right after a lot of tweaking with the spacers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779194.028417.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397779206.179666.jpg

I'll take it out tomorrow and see how well it does!

As a side note, I rode without a chain guide and the NW chainring for about a week and could probably get away without any chain guide considering the trails I ride; however, since I had the parts I decided to put the guide on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but I had a hard time finding any real information on them so I wanted to put this out there just in case anyone else would like more information on them :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts