Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 K2 launch 4.0 and i want to sell it and buy a bike thats better for downhill or freeride. the bike has nothing new on it, it is the same as when i bought it. so im wondering if anyone has sold one or bought one and if so how much was it sold for. the quality is really good it has only been jumped a few times and has only been used for riding around town and stuff like that.

Attachments

·
MTB SOCAL
1,439 Posts
Try ebay

nitro1636 said:
i have a 2002 K2 launch 4.0 and i want to sell it and buy a bike thats better for downhill or freeride. the bike has nothing new on it, it is the same as when i bought it. so im wondering if anyone has sold one or bought one and if so how much was it sold for. the quality is really good it has only been jumped a few times and has only been used for riding around town and stuff like that.
Your bike looks to be in pretty good condition. I think the Launch 4.0 originally sold for $1399 retail / $800-1100 on sale. If you want to sell it, post it on ebay, mtbr, and/or pinkbike. Decide what the lowest price you are willing to sell at and set a reserve (or set the starting price at your reserve). It may not be worth it to sell the bike. You may want to keep it for XC and riding around town and pick up a DH/Freeride bike for bigger stuff. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
That bike may look nice with an RC and a Jr. T in the front...
You have like 6" in the back ...right...!!?

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
VIA said:
That bike may look nice with an RC and a Jr. T in the front...
You have like 6" in the back ...right...!!?
coming from the person who snapped his top tube.
dont do that, its a cross country bike. it looks nice, but your not gonna get what its worth for it. i would just keep it like yangpei said. good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had thought about keeping it but i nead every penny i can get for this new bike. i was gonna try and sell this for $650 or $750 and then sell my old bass guitar w/ amp and hope that that was enough for an ok bike maybe an old RM7or stinky. does anyone have a good bike for around $1000 or $1500 cuz i checked the clasifieds and i found a 2001 RM7 thats in good condition for $900 but if anyone has a better bike for cheap i might buy it

·
MTB SOCAL
1,439 Posts
Dbr Xts Moto?

nitro1636 said:
i had thought about keeping it but i nead every penny i can get for this new bike. i was gonna try and sell this for $650 or $750 and then sell my old bass guitar w/ amp and hope that that was enough for an ok bike maybe an old RM7or stinky. does anyone have a good bike for around $1000 or $1500 cuz i checked the clasifieds and i found a 2001 RM7 thats in good condition for $900 but if anyone has a better bike for cheap i might buy it
I recently was helping a friend look for a freeride bike for around $1000 and didn't find much. I saw a Diamondback XTS MOTO 04 in a local bike shop on sale for $1299 (originally like $2000). Anyways, I've never ridden DBR, nor am I a big fan of DBR. However, for the money, the bike is pretty loaded. It comes with a Manitou Swinger Coil 4 way rear shock (travel adjustable between 5.25-6.5 in), Marzocchi Jr.T, LX front, XT rear, Hayes Carbon hydraulic discs, Holzfeller crank, Holzfeller stem, Husselfelt bar, WTB power V saddle. The parts alone would be worth more than the asking price. I looked on line for a pic and attached it. Keep in mind I've never ridden it, it just caught my eye because of the parts mix. They also had the model below (XTS) it (still with a nice parts mix for around $900). Good luck shopping.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok ill look into that and see if it is gonna hold up or if its just gonna break after a couple of crashes.does anyone else know anything about this bike or have any other ideas on bikes :confused:

·
I like air!
915 Posts
My buddy has one. He bottoms it out all the time at Mt. Creek and averages about 2-3 flats a day from pinch flats with the stock tires. They are light casing tires with big knobs (no good for XC or DH). One of his tubes he has 8 patches. And the rear rim was slightly bent after second ride and half the spokes were loose. I would guess that the biggest drop he took on it was about 4'. I also noticed that the brake performance fades quickly. I think they are the Hayes HFX???.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,439 Posts
Is his suspension tuned properly?

milhouse said:
My buddy has one. He bottoms it out all the time at Mt. Creek and averages about 2-3 flats a day from pinch flats with the stock tires. They are light casing tires with big knobs (no good for XC or DH). One of his tubes he has 8 patches. And the rear rim was slightly bent after second ride and half the spokes were loose. I would guess that the biggest drop he took on it was about 4'. I also noticed that the brake performance fades quickly. I think they are the Hayes HFX???.
If your buddy's suspension is tuned properly - proper spring, fork dialed in, etc, it shouldn't be bottoming so much. That goes for pretty much any FS bike. As for the wheels and tires I don't know why he is flatting so much. The bike comes with WTB Timberwolf 2.5 tires which should be fine. If I was your buddy, I would invest in some Stan's and spend more time riding and less time patching. Bottom line - before you buy any bike - ride it. The info in these forums can be useful, but are still just opinions based on experience, bias, etc.

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
stuff liekthat is certainly tempting, but you'd probably be happier in the long run with a tried and true bike that you get used, like a Stinky or something along those lines

·
Banned
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had one of those.....managed to sell it for $675...and only paid $1100 for it :D My friend bought it, and broke where the front rear shock mounts to the frame, gunna get it welded sometime in the near future. I dont think you could get $750 for it.....maybe if you sold it to a noob :D...plus mine had swingarm issues. Fun bike though, I kinda miss it. Really flickable, good at DJing, and a fun bike.....:::starts dreaming about old bike:::::

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.