Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not the most talented bike mechanic, so is it possible to shp a bike fully assembled? How would you recommend doing so? Also, where are good places online to buy 05s or old rides so I can get an even better price, thus more likely getting a ride I really want instead of settling for less than what I want?

·
Registered
649 Posts
ero2 said:
I'm not the most talented bike mechanic, so is it possible to shp a bike fully assembled? How would you recommend doing so?
If you want it to arrive in one piece you probably should dismantle it and pack in a suitable size mtb box. Don't think that there would be many ways to ship it in one piece, unless you tried using a removalist or something. They usually go pretty much all over the place, could be worth checking with all of your local friendly removalists. I'm sure an extra bicycle shouldn't be too much hassle.
That way could be the safest form of transport because once it's in the truck it shouldn't have to be transferred much at all. Just a thought!! :)

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
ero2 said:
I'm not the most talented bike mechanic, so is it possible to shp a bike fully assembled? How would you recommend doing so? Also, where are good places online to buy 05s or old rides so I can get an even better price, thus more likely getting a ride I really want instead of settling for less than what I want?
Your LBS probably has boxes for shipping and many will pack it for you, for a small fee. I sold my old bike on ebay and fortunately someone local bought it and we just met at a Sam's parking lot to exchange the cash and bike. Worst case you would have to remove the wheels and remove the handlebars which is all very doable even for the most untalented mechanics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.