Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
26.8 here. 2 of 'em...

Both WW's in my household are super small, though.

I could have gotten a 27.2 (if my memory serves me correctly) but I would have had a straight guage seat tube. Walt couldn't get short enough 27.2 butted tubes for our frames. I went for the butted 26.8.

~E

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I got my frame in yesterday (straight fwd 18" frame for 170lb rider) and can't get my seatpost to go in. I just wanted to make sure I had the correct size before I take it to the shop and get it reemed.
CBaron

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you still have the data sheet that Walt sent to you to confirm the design etc.? I'm not sure if all of them end up having the same data, but mine says specifically that it fits a 27.2 mm with a shim, and a 30.0 without a shim. Might want to check to be sure. I know that everything was reamed all purty from Walt, so I doubt that you would have to ream anything (though I could be wrong). Good luck. Isaac

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mward said:
Well, walt reams his tubes small, he says he hates slipping seatposts. Put some grease on it and give it some muscle while twisting. This ain't no taiwanese bike. The seatposts fit tighter than... well, several dirty jokes.
This is my 3rd custom steel bike and unless I'm mising something...nothing short of a rubber mallet is going to get this thing in. The first 1.5" goes smooth, then right at the TT/Stay junction it tightens up considerably. Was your expereince the same?

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moordirt2 said:
Just kinda wondering here. Why don't you just ask Walt? I'm pretty sure he can tell you exactly what size seatpost your bike will take.
Rob
He left for vacation 2 days before my frame showed up! I poured through his website looking for the info and then just figured there were enough peeps here with frames that I'd just ask. I never even thought to look at my frame/build/spec sheet.

·
Complete Bastard
2,282 Posts
CBaron said:
This is my 3rd custom steel bike and unless I'm mising something...nothing short of a rubber mallet is going to get this thing in. The first 1.5" goes smooth, then right at the TT/Stay junction it tightens up considerably. Was your expereince the same?
No mine went all the way in but I had to honk on it like a mofo. Might try a 26.8? If you're a small guy it's possible you have a 26.8... I dunno man. Maybe he forgot to ream it? Look down in there with a flashlight and see what's going on. Anyone know when walt is supposed to be back?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.