Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

WALTAZ - A PAIN IN THE A$$?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only two options here, yes or no. Pick em while the're hot.

Sorry, but a man has got to do what a man has got to do.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Dirdir said:
See, Walt did in fact vote.
I think the majority of the people that regularly post on here are pretty annoying. I like to come and see what is going on, new trails and recommendations. It seems that daily however there is some body on here that needs attention much the same way that a screeming 4 yr old needs attention.......

I normally ignor the screaming child and most of the peoples comments on here but today, ya get mine to chew on.

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN...................

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Living up to being a "Fence sitter of the Fiercest Kind", I hereby give Walt:

"Yes" for being a Bush/Cheney fan, and
"No" for being a born-again SSer.

I'll get off the fence for the next DirDir poll. ;-)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
"I think the majority of the people that regularly post on here are pretty annoying."

This is the most honest and accurate post I've ever read.
Geoff, Knock your man-child shenanigans off!
Poor Walt!

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZClydesdale said:
"I think the majority of the people that regularly post on here are pretty annoying."

This is the most honest and accurate post I've ever read.
Geoff, Knock your man-child shenanigans off!
Poor Walt!
He started it.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
No flaming...

ttocs said:
I think the majority of the people that regularly post on here are pretty annoying. I like to come and see what is going on, new trails and recommendations. It seems that daily however there is some body on here that needs attention much the same way that a screeming 4 yr old needs attention.......

I normally ignor the screaming child and most of the peoples comments on here but today, ya get mine to chew on.

All in good fun, for the most part. And mutual interest and passion. Occasionally, somebody gets wrapped around the axel about something, but it blows over. Hell, if DownHillFast and DJBiker can get together and ride (last week), everybody can get along. :cool:

In between all the spray, there's lots of good info coming from just about everyone. Look closely at some of the thoughtful replies and posts from the "annoying" people, myself included.

And many of us get together, or have gotten together in the past, to ride. Trying new areas, trails, events and levels of riding. With new friends. All because of this little forum here.

We'll even ignore your annoying post... :p

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waltaz said:
All in good fun, for the most part. And mutual interest and passion. Occasionally, somebody gets wrapped around the axel about something, but it blows over. Hell, if DownHillFast and DJBiker can get together and ride (last week), everybody can get along. :cool:

In between all the spray, there's lots of good info coming from just about everyone. Look closely at some of the thoughtful replies and posts from the "annoying" people, myself included.

And many of us get together, or have gotten together in the past, to ride. Trying new areas, trails, events and levels of riding. With new friends. All because of this little forum here.

We'll even ignore your annoying post... :p
Walt, after that post, I think I am going to change my vote to no. Well said. Now ....

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
CNN: Latest polls suggest Walt is a 50% PITA

Not bad considering last night you were a 75% Pain in the Ass.

DJB and DHF actually went on a ride together and it didn't make evening news? There could be a major repercussion from this, like dogs and cats getting along or world peace coming from the middle east...then again maybe it was simply another (R) political strategy since a poll is involved. What is the margin of error of this poll anyway, 100%?

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
ttocs said:

Your post seems just as annoying as all the rest of these posts. Now you are one of the annoying posters too! Welcome to the club.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Evidence Establishing that DJB = DHF

AZClydesdale said:
Not bad considering last night you were a 75% Pain in the Ass.

DJB and DHF actually went on a ride together and it didn't make evening news? There could be a major repercussion from this, like dogs and cats getting along or world peace coming from the middle east...then again maybe it was simply another (R) political strategy since a poll is involved. What is the margin of error of this poll anyway, 100%?
As an attorney, I investigate on a daily basis. I have done no such investigation on the issue at hand, but my conclusion is that DJB and DHF are one in the same. Evidence:

1. Both believe that Skinny-tire is a sarcastic fuq. Case closed.

·
Registered
527 Posts
yetisurly said:
Your post seems just as annoying as all the rest of these posts. Now you are one of the annoying posters too! Welcome to the club.
He started it... That was funny...

And thank you for the welcome, glad to know that I can add to the forum be it in a helpfull, or annoying manner. I am sure there are some good people on here and some great riders, but all that cannot be seen on here. I participate in a couple of forums that pertain to my hobbies and interests and all the others like to get people together to help each other, give advise, and do it in a good hearted and fun manner. It is just rare that I see anything good(other then the spring fling) come out of this forum, other then some people must feel better after logging off.....

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
DownHillFast said:
He's a good guy, even though he makes me work on his bike. And doesn't provide me with beer while I do so.

And he shows up to lunch, and TALKS.

DHF
Then vote accordingly!

Wanna join us tomorrow for the WNR at 6:30 at skinny-tire's house? Bring the Fetish - I am.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
waltaz said:
Wanna join us tomorrow for the WNR at 6:30 at skinny-tire's house? Bring the Fetish - I am.
Walter, I would LOVE to. But, I am in Milwaukee, at a BEER convention. It's my job. Sorry. I won't be back until Friday and will miss your WNR.

BUT, as a treat for you all, I will be posting pics of myself, Bullitrdr, and whoever else has the balls to send it over "The Bazooka" out at the NRA pit this coming weekend. It's big, it's bad, and it's FUN.

Bring out the geyless, we'll show you how to huck.

DHF

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ttocs said:
get people together to help each other, give advise, and do it in a good hearted and fun manner
All that happens here - in spades. I think your assessment of the forum is way off. Further, at some point the help, the advice and whatever else is an "acceptable" topic runs dry. However, people still want to connect with their riding pals, bust each others' balls, hang out online, whatever. This forum is about people connecting with people. Its not negative at all here, and even if it was, so what. Then, the help and advice cycle starts anew until it runs dry, and so on.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Dirdir said:
All that happens here - in spades. I think your assessment of the forum is way off. Further, at some point the help, the advice and whatever else is an "acceptable" topic runs dry. However, people still want to connect with their riding pals, bust each others' balls, hang out online, whatever. This forum is about people connecting with people. Its not negative at all here, and even if it was, so what. Then, the help and advice cycle starts anew until it runs dry, and so on.
I might be way off but This is just what I have observed.

"Its not negative at all here"-I find that line a litte funny when I look up at the subj of this post. I have no issue with busting balls and can do it with the best of them. But most of the ball busting I see here seems to be on a much more personal level, I just don't see the use of it.

Now that eveyone on here is sure that I am a tree/cactus huggin pansy, I think I will make a polite exit back to the fence where I was.

Anybody riding friday? Would love to hook up with some new people, all my riding buddies have exchanged their saddles for bar stools and are no longer fun to ride with...... I might be able to get them to ride the bike to a bar but they would not ride back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.