Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pics

Hey Bro, here are some pics of my two new waltworks. I have not really ridden the Geared yet, I just finish the build this weekend. The SS I have ridden approx. 40 miles or so on 3-4 different rides. I am amazed at how good this bikes rides. On the second time out I beat my personel best time on a trail by three minutes. (My previous best time was on a 26".) This frame soaks up all the usual vibrations from a rooty north Louisiana terrain. I had been riding a supercaliber 29 before this. I will say that aluminum has came a long way since the early 90's cannondales. The Fisher was a real nice feeling bike, but!!! when I got on this steel frame there was definately a noticable difference. I went with all of Walt's recomendations on the frame. My downtube is a little bigger on the SS to help with flex when standing on the pedals and mashing. It works. When you mash this baby takes off! Cornering is better then I have ever had. Walt had suggested a longer top tube then what I had been using with a shorter stem. (like the fishers) This makes a big difference. A lot of our trails are pretty twisty. I cant remember for sure all my angles but I do have them written down, if you are interested. Customer service was great. I have called Walt at all times of the day and night and asked questions. I purchased most of the components from him also. No regrets at all. Two frames took me 4-5 weeks. SS frame 3 lbs 10oz, Geard frame 4lbs (disc tabs and support). Built SS - 21 lbs 9 ozs, Geared - 23 lbs 10 oz. IF you would like a complete build list reply to this and I will list, I am just running out of time right now! If you are thinking of new frame, do yourself a favor and call Walt.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.