Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To protect the chaparral and other sensitive plants of Lime Ridge Open Space from being trampled by hordes of mountain bikers and hikers, Walnut Creek officials are planning to build a two-mile "flow trail" through the 1,200-acre swath of ridge land on the eastern edge of the city.

Sounds pretty cool, but still in early stages. And already the haters are mobilizing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
NIMBY's can't stand to see mountain bikers get a trail. So crazy, it would literally be the only real MTB trail in Walnut Creek.
Hey whatever we can just take our money to other cities that actually
want us to visit.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Petition drive to support Walnut Creek's plan to build singletrack on Lime Ridge:

Sign this online petition to show your support if you;
  • Support the City of Walnut Creek's plans to protect the Open Space.
  • Support the City's plan to better utilize Lime Ridge and Shell Ridge Open Spaces by building new, multi-use single track trails.
  • Appreciate how important nature, fresh air, and exercise are to mental health.
  • Want a safe place where kids can hike and ride their bikes surrounded by nature.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Petition drive to support Walnut Creek's plan to build singletrack on Lime Ridge:

Here's a comment from Mountain Bikers of Mount Diablo, about the fundraising request that follows your petition signature:

One aspect of the petition we want to clarify: Once you have signed, change.org asks if you want to chip in a couple of bucks to help spread the petition. This is generated by them and the funds go to change.org, not us. It may still help spread the word but we want to clarify that as MBoMD, we're not doing any fundraising yet and the funds will not come to us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes and No. Legal trails = absolutely starved. Illegal Trails = Ahhh hell son, do you even get out an explore ;)
Heh, Im on the other side of the bay and have UCSC, Demo, Pacifica and Skeggs closer than WC. Would love to come over and check things out, if someone would be willing to tow me around. Too far (and lazy) to go to randomly explore with all the other options around here...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Heh, Im on the other side of the bay and have UCSC, Demo, Pacifica and Skeggs closer than WC. Would love to come over and check things out, if someone would be willing to tow me around. Too far (and lazy) to go to randomly explore with all the other options around here...
Totally understand that as the South Bay is pretty awesome and above the belt even if not expressively legal. I typed up a long thoughtful (for me, lol) response, but realized, it can't do any good and hit [del]. It's out there for those so inclined!

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,549 Posts
I would seriously recommend waiting until hills are green to have someone show you around. Its really beautiful when its green, and the soil is really tacky. In summer the trails turn to puzzle pieces, and it gets pretty pockmarked. Similar to a dried lake bed. If you time it right, its really an amazing day. 5 x 600 ft climbing, about 3000 ft day, and various jumps to hit, some 1/4 pipe action dug into hillsides. Like alot of Bay Area stuff, its only challenging at mach speed, so mid week runs are where the fun is at. If you are dealing with 15-25 hiker groups on the weekend, its a different vibe.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Screw Walnut Creek. Lime Ridge is a disaster with the hikers and equestrians, everything there is a yuppy entitled fight for access. Throw some of those funds back at Crockett where we deperately need another round of trail building to improve and repair the already in place mega expensive trail network they built in 2015 or so. Take a lesson from Marin youlll never win when fighting against the rich karens and kens. They win everytime. and from what I heard, all the riders over there already ruined it at lime ridge, they had a chance for legal trails and all the covid bro riders went out there and took down signs and mowed hikers down and ruined it. The horse people know we will just hang ourselfs with our own selfish entitled actions. Crockett can be really, really good, just need another big grant to come back and rebuild

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Screw Walnut Creek. Lime Ridge is a disaster with the hikers and equestrians, everything there is a yuppy entitled fight for access. Throw some of those funds back at Crockett where we deperately need another round of trail building to improve and repair the already in place mega expensive trail network they built in 2015 or so. Take a lesson from Marin youlll never win when fighting against the rich karens and kens. They win everytime. and from what I heard, all the riders over there already ruined it at lime ridge, they had a chance for legal trails and all the covid bro riders went out there and took down signs and mowed hikers down and ruined it. The horse people know we will just hang ourselfs with our own selfish entitled actions. Crockett can be really, really good, just need another big grant to come back and rebuild
But how do your really feel? :unsure:

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
3,078 Posts

I feel ya on this...

I would like to see the Crockett MTB trails managed like TAMBA or SCMTS, engage and build large volunteer workforce. Repeat in other EBRPD Parks, so much land, the issues are so easily resolved.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Is it money that is holding back further trail development at CH? I've never heard there was even any thought being put to expanding that network. EBRPD board would likely have to approve it, and let's not go there....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.