Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wear Walmart's starts sports clothes?

They are dirt cheap and I really like their 1/4 zip pullovers. I don't care at all when it gets covered with mud and it is surprisingly very resistant to rips from getting stuck on branches and thorns.

Of course the bling factor is not there, if you care about that at all!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wear their long sleeve shirt and compression shorts on my rides. The shirt takes the sweat off my skin and lets it dry on the outside (leaving a thin layer of salts on top after my long rides). Its great in warm weather too since its airy but wont let the sun tan me. Best part is that I took a hard fall and scraped up my elbow in it last week; glad I ripped up the starter shirt over an Under Armor shirt. My biking wardrobe is all Walmart's Starter or Target's G9 clothing. Call me cheap, I call it practical :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i have a few dri-star shirts, the short sleeve version runs small (dunno why)

but otherwise they work very well!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Sign up their(for email) and watch for sales this season @ rei.com. I got some nice Tech Tee's and other bike related stuff last year from them. (Tee's $5, Bell Variant helmet $29), as well as some nice jerseys and pants. Clyde sizes too.

·
Super Moderator
6,783 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
You're already rockin a no-name Sette...why stop there?
Oooo....that one hurt!

Their long sleeve compression tops work great on icy days. But, comfort-wise I prefer the silkier, Under Armor rubber shirts better.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I picked up a medium weight atheletic shirt (snug fit) from Target for $18. Works very well as a base layer under my riding jersey ($60)...

The jersey was a souvenir from a 200mile ride.

But if it wicks moisture, is comfortable and durable, why not?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I bet Highdelll's Sette is hands down the best bike that any one in the topic owns.

There is nothing wrong with saving some money, thats what I am all about.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a huge Sette fan myself. The Flite is on my list to get.

Brands mean absolutely nothing to me. I'm all for great products at a great value.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Dremer03 said:
I bet Highdelll's Sette is hands down the best bike that any one in the topic owns.

There is nothing wrong with saving some money, thats what I am all about.
lol of course you would say that.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Dremer03 said:
Sure, why wouldn't I? His bike is a stunning machine and is not even close to being a Stock.
thanks for the props man, I've done even more to it :thumbsup:
(pics to come later in another thread - possibly in time for the fall photo contest - we'll see)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
highdelll said:
thanks for the props man, I've done even more to it :thumbsup:
(pics to come later in another thread - possibly in time for the fall photo contest - we'll see)
I look forward to it, better post soon times almost up:thumbsup:

Back on topic :)

I have not shopped at Walmart in a while, and from what I hear about them and there employees is that there treated fine and get payed what probably any retailer or grocery store might pay. I worked for a grocery store for 5 years when I started working there I was making 6.25 a hour, in 2001. 5 years later I was making 9.50 a hour. They had small annual races and after 3 years of working there they basically payed all my health insurance cost. Not that 9.50 is a lot but for some people it is. Fast forward to the the present and I work at a private company making quite a bit more. Hey if you dont like Walmart, dont shop there. If there not a good employer dont work there, seems pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts