Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen alot of talk about walmart on here. i know walmat sells crap mountain bikes. im not looking to buy a bike because im not a begginer and i already have one. but i went walmart.com and wanted to see what crap they were trying to pass of on people. i was suprise when i came across a full carbon fiber road bike (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5751048)

i know nothing about road bikes at all and im just wonder if walmart is actually tring to sell a decent road bike?

by the way, all the actual mountain bikes are pure junk ( not that we all didnt know that anyway)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah but you get what you pay for, and if you pay that little for a full carbon road bike through walmart, (not a reputable online mail order bike place where you can get nice cheap bikes) its gunna end up being junk

·
541 Posts
That bike has a full Ultegra groupset on it. Not junk. The frame is probably the same as all the others so its hard to say. Buy=no.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
A from Il said:
That bike has a full Ultegra groupset on it. Not junk. The frame is probably the same as all the others so its hard to say. Buy=no.
Full Ultegra groupset huh??

Front Derailleur: Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Ultegra
Crank: Ultegra Hollowtech 2 Crankset
Bottom bracket: Ultegra
Shifters: 10 Speed Ultegra S.T.I. Dual Control Lever
Cassette: Shimano 105
Chain: Shimano 105
Brakes: Shimano 105
Wheels: Shimano WHR 550

Dosen't look that way to me.........
I'd say no also dispite the good components you are better off @ an LBS where you can get sized properly most roadie's I know are in the saddle for hour's and hour's and I think it would be bad if you "ordered" the wrong size!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
ae111black said:
Full Ultegra groupset huh??

Front Derailleur: Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Ultegra
Crank: Ultegra Hollowtech 2 Crankset
Bottom bracket: Ultegra
Shifters: 10 Speed Ultegra S.T.I. Dual Control Lever
Cassette: Shimano 105
Chain: Shimano 105
Brakes: Shimano 105
Wheels: Shimano WHR 550

Dosen't look that way to me.........
I'd say no also dispite the good components you are better off @ an LBS where you can get sized properly most roadie's I know are in the saddle for hour's and hour's and I think it would be bad if you "ordered" the wrong size!
The OP is neither trying to buy the bike nor is he asking about biking sizing.

It's pretty obvious it's always a good idea to get a bike that fits well. You acknowledge that the bike has good components yet you oppose it....weird!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why worry? Walmart has the best return/refund/replace policy on the planet.

And, if your gonna own and ride an MTB for any length of time, your gonna have to work on it from time to time, no matter the brand.

When I bought mine I brought it home expecting to completely disassembe the whole bike and put it back together again before I rode it.

Guess what? Not a single bolt needed to be tightened and nary an adjustment needed to be made. I guess I was lucky, but not everyone that works for or distributes to Walmart is an idiot.

Any, my Schwinn has a LIFETIME warrany on the frame and fork from Pacific. YOU may not want to be caught dead on it, but I ride the he!! out of it and love it.

Peace

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Dremer03 said:
^simplified the sizing a bit offering a small, medium, and large.
Dosent cut it in the real world , road bike sizing is critical as has been posted , thats why you usually see 2 cm. increments instead of small medium and large . Being in between sizes on a road bike is going to make foer a miserable buying experience IMHO . And yes I do ride a road bike and have for 35 years . :)

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
The OP is neither trying to buy the bike nor is he asking about biking sizing.

It's pretty obvious it's always a good idea to get a bike that fits well. You acknowledge that the bike has good components yet you oppose it....weird!
I'm fully aware that the OP was not saying that he was gonna buy I was simply saying it's not a good idea to get a bike from a mailorder.

And yah Ultegra is awesome! Motobicane uses XT-XTR ect.... and I'm never gonna condone geting one of those...........:nono:
you can put a full xt groupset on a Next powerclimber and it's not gonna make it a better bike! SO YAH I OPPOSE IT!!!

A wise old man once told me you can put a dress on a pig and guess what??? It's still a pig!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think its getting lost here that i have no interest in buying this bike or any road bike for that matter. i made this post only because i wanted to know if that bike had good components on it and to point out that walfart is now selling full carbon road bikes that seem to be decent.

also, it seems odd to me that so many people point out that you should buy your bikes at your LBS to get sized, yet all over these forums, people are praising other people for buying sette bikes from pricepoint and buying frames from everywhere else. you cant sit on or test ride any of those and it seems like the same people saying it both ways

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.