Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you can have fun on it and it doesn't cause you to get hurt, and you dont have to make a huge initial investment, and you can potentially have a minimal loss when selling it or ridding of it, then why not? Granted that's alot of ifs....

Actually I am looking quite forward to picking up my own little walmart mongoose quite shortly for pretty inexpensive and used. I have looked at the walmart bikes, and honestly I think the snare and dh team could actually be pretty decent and fun bikes that seem rather sturdy (at a glance, of course so did that xr comp). But I actually for some reason like the looks of the black xr75, the cheapest mongoose dual suspension around. They don't even look well made, and sitting on some of them they seem like they were put together horrible.

So yes Im going get one. For fun. Then I am going to ride it where people say you shouldn't... Off road. I think I will enjoy this little novelty bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes must be a little magical creature that has bright pink hair and you can make wishes with......

Common Highdell I thought you of all people would enjoy the name walgoose the most. Don't take me too seriously though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Phew, what a relief. For a minute I thought that WalGoose had failed to respond to highdelll because he had split his melon open while riding the novelty bike off road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well there is a possibility my name gives the wrong impression. While I do have a special and bizzare place in my heart that likes the "walgeese" I don't actually own one yet. But I will most likely be aquiring myself a used xr75 on a trade in the next week. (by the way the xr75 is the super duper awesome $99 walgoose model, that I think looks kinda cool).

I actually already have a bike of my own and am just getting back into riding recently. I am getting the walgoose xr as a second bike as a cheap commuter and as a second bike for when I try to get friends to come riding with me. (ps my other bike isn't an expensive one either, but probably not looked at in the same light as the goose)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oracle7775 said:
Phew, what a relief. For a minute I thought that WalGoose had failed to respond to highdelll because he had split his melon open while riding the novelty bike off road.
Not yet, but I will be certain to wear a helmet on that bike when on trails. I guess I am not too concerned with catastrophic events taking place as I will most likely be aware and somewhat gentle on it. As well as checking the frame out periodically. What I might be the most concerned with is the forks, sometimes cheap forks make me think something bad will happen. Nevermind, mongoose is a great brand that has been making great bikes for longer than many people on this site have been alive, what could possibly go wrong....

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
WalGoose said:
Well there is a possibility my name gives the wrong impression. While I do have a special and bizzare place in my heart that likes the "walgeese" I don't actually own one yet. But I will most likely be aquiring myself a used xr75 on a trade in the next week. (by the way the xr75 is the super duper awesome $99 walgoose model, that I think looks kinda cool).

I actually already have a bike of my own and am just getting back into riding recently. I am getting the walgoose xr as a second bike as a cheap commuter and as a second bike for when I try to get friends to come riding with me. (ps my other bike isn't an expensive one either, but probably not looked at in the same light as the goose)
What are you trading for a used xr75? A Bic pen? If you give anything more then that your coming out on the wrong side of that deal.:nono:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get a fork with a remote lock out and some rock shocks for the back other wise you wont climb as good as you could I would also recommend getting a 1x8 drive chain or bigger. But as they said Just use it while you can I'm a poor teen with a mongoose full sus and it broke before I even got it to the trail just get something nice that is used from a bike shop or eBay. hope this helps

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Get a fork with a remote lock out and some rock shocks for the back other wise you wont climb as good as you could I would also recommend getting a 1x8 drive chain or bigger. But as they said Just use it while you can I'm a poor teen with a mongoose full sus and it broke before I even got it to the trail just get something nice that is used from a bike shop or eBay. hope this helps
I doubt it helps anyone to bump a thread for a decade ago.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts