Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying of all the discussion about this bike. And I've contributed to it. But we've heard very little from people who have ridden the thing.

Well I have, and it sucks. There, I said it.

The thing is way too heavy. The 32/18 gearing is way too difficult. Folks, you are not going to want to ride this bike along the beach at night. If you use it to get beer, that beer is going to be well earned.

I'm not saying it doesn't have potential. I'm going to get my Black Floyds out of the basement and see how much lighter it makes the bike feel.

I'm 6' 2", so the bike is a little too small for me. I'm going to put a longer seat post in it and change the front end some how so I'm stretched out a little more.

But until I change things up, my stock Beast sucks!

And yours will, too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm enjoying of all the discussion about this bike. And I've contributed to it. But we've heard very little from people who have ridden the thing.

Well I have, and it sucks. There, I said it.

The thing is way too heavy. The 32/18 gearing is way too difficult. Folks, you are not going to want to ride this bike along the beach at night. If you use it to get beer, that beer is going to be well earned.

I'm not saying it doesn't have potential. I'm going to get my Black Floyds out of the basement and see how much lighter it makes the bike feel.

I'm 6' 2", so the bike is a little too small for me. I'm going to put a longer seat post in it and change the front end some how so I'm stretched out a little more.

But until I change things up, my stock Beast sucks!

And yours will, too.
If it is that bad, my address is...

I get that for someone who has a nice fatbike, it is a def downgrade. But as someone who lacks a fatbike (a serious oversight, I must admit), I would be happy if someone handed me a beast.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Please, someone pinch me when all this beast chatter is done clogging up an otherwise awesome board.

:madman:
I am strangely drawn to the the walgoose discussions and repelled all at once. The serious discussions on this bike really make me question the validity of other discussion items on this board.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
MTBR.com said:
From the MTBR Home Page

Multiple Land Acquisitions Could Net Massive NorCal Trail Network

Gloves or No Gloves? Pros and Cons from the Pros

The Angry Singlespeeder: A Year Without USA Cycling

Electric Mountain Bikes: Friend or Foe?

Feature: The Backyard Pump Track Introduction
You don’t say? :rolleyes:

·
1,711 Posts
Please, someone pinch me when all this beast chatter is done clogging up an otherwise awesome board.

:madman:
+2. There are those who are going to get one and convince themselves its OK just because they dont want to admit the massive limitations of the bike.

The whole thing just confuses me... because mtbr and the forums are based around higher quality mountain bikes, parts, and reviews... and all of a sudden you have a bunch of people giving a bike from Walmart credibility? Then people who have experience with fat biking being told they are a snob for trying to say its not gonna work well. And funniest of all, people trying to say it won't be used for fat biking... in a thread about fat biking. Duh.

·
Banned
2,033 Posts
+2. There are those who are going to get one and convince themselves its OK just because they dont want to admit the massive limitations of the bike.

The whole thing just confuses me... because mtbr and the forums are based around higher quality mountain bikes, parts, and reviews... and all of a sudden you have a bunch of people giving a bike from Walmart credibility? Then people who have experience with fat biking being told they are a snob for trying to say its not gonna work well. And funniest of all, people trying to say it won't be used for fat biking... in a thread about fat biking. Duh.
Well by all means ... Seek to have the ROI crowd permanently banned from your sight LOL

·
Registered
273 Posts
So the only way I can interpret your meaning here is that if someone can only afford a 200 buck bike and they love to ride and love to ride thier 200 dollar purchase, they are not welcome here to share, chat, exchange or gather information? is MTBR a rich elite only club?

·
1,711 Posts
Well by all means ... Seek to have the ROI crowd permanently banned from your sight LOL
You should seriously crawl back into whatever thread hole you crawled out of. Ya think you post enough? 1200 posts in under a year? Know it all or just no life?

·
1,711 Posts
So the only way I can interpret your meaning here is that if someone can only afford a 200 buck bike and they love to ride and love to ride thier 200 dollar purchase, they are not welcome here to share, chat, exchange or gather information? is MTBR a rich elite only club?
Did you read my last line? Come on.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think he's saying that the people who are rabidly defending this bike against the "rich elite" have become just as annoying as the rich elite themselves.

·
Banned
2,033 Posts
You should seriously crawl back into whatever thread hole you crawled out of. Ya think you post enough? 1200 posts in under a year? Know it all or just no life?
Awww ... Should I cry, or just realize that both of us gained another number on our post count LOL

1 - 20 of 127 Posts