Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a wahoo kickr. We use 11 speed sram with XD drivers. I purchased an 11 speed Sunrace cassette to mount on the 11 speed shimano road cassette hub with a 1.8 mm spacer. All is good, except what I didn't know is that it appears that XD drivers space the cassette about 2 mm closer to the deraileur, so when ever I mount the mountain bike the deraileur needs to be adjusted inboard a few mm. Not a big deal, but I have my kids and myself use this setup, and if I don't remember, or get the deraileur adjustment back just right we have shifting trouble on the trail or at a race. I was hoping to be able to grab a mountain bike, take the wheel off and drop it on the trainer, then just throw the wheel back on. I thought about adding two spacers to the cassette, but then I can't get the cassette lock ring to thread on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe take one cog out of the 11 speed cassette stack, install two spacers and not use the smallest which is not there because there are only 10 cogs?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe take one cog out of the 11 speed cassette stack, install two spacers and not use the smallest which is not there because there are only 10 cogs?
That didn't work. :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the NX cassette with no issue. At most I bump the barrel 1/4 turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I have a 1170 road cassette so I thew it on there. Gap is still there, but now it is down from ~2mm to ~1mm. I found a .75 bb spacer that fits and I can get the lock ring of the 1170 on with the 1mm spacer. Now the gap is probably less than .5 mm. About to test...

This works pretty well. In erg mode one doesn't need to shift, so if I use a gear offset a bit from the chainline it doesn't click or pop.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Seems like the best solution to me since the NX cassette doesn't need an XD driver, and I'd probably end up buying a cassette to use with the Kickr anyway.
That and you can now get a 11-50 11 12 speed cassette as well for eagle folks. Just got to check clearance on the trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I realize this isn’t a short term solution, but I would like mention that I have seen an XDR cassette on a kickr with the prototype 12 speed etap road group, leading to the conclusion that there will be a free hub body to purchase in the future. :)

B41134E7-F83A-400B-8244-CA835C5C66FA.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts