Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to break off the front right dropout on my fork. (luckily I was not on the bike when it happened). What options do I have aside from buying a new fork? This is a Fox Talas R that was converted to a RLC and PUSH'd.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I had a friend break a dropout when he didn't secure the rear wheel of a bike mounted on a roof rack. It was facing rearward and flipped off while he was driving. He was able to buy a new set of lowers-not sure if he went directly through Fox or a shop.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Yup, It'll cost you, but Fox should be able to....

hook you up. You will probably have to find a dealer in your area, but the lowers should be available. Check with Fox on availablility before you start the dealer search though.

Good Dirt

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Impy said:
I managed to break off the front right dropout on my fork. (luckily I was not on the bike when it happened). What options do I have aside from buying a new fork? This is a Fox Talas R that was converted to a RLC and PUSH'd.

Thanks for any advice.
Ok, when are we going to hear the story behind this one? Sounds like it could be interesting. ;^)

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'd definitely try to score some new lowers if you had it tuned to your liking. Or, check eBay for a non-functional organ donor.

BTW, were you happy with the results from what PUSH did? My '03 RLC needs an overhaul, and I was thinking of sending it to them for the treatment.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Hey..

Lucky said:
Ok, when are we going to hear the story behind this one? Sounds like it could be interesting. ;^)

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'd definitely try to score some new lowers if you had it tuned to your liking. Or, check eBay for a non-functional organ donor.

BTW, were you happy with the results from what PUSH did? My '03 RLC needs an overhaul, and I was thinking of sending it to them for the treatment.

I did my 03 a while back and it really shot some new life into the forks adjustability, ride height (taller), tracking and feel.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky said:

Well I hucked off this 50 foot cliff and then...

No actually it broke while I was loading it in the back of my car. I'm just grateful that it happened then and not on the epic very remote ride I had done the day before, not on the night ride I had scheduled for that night.

I am happy with my fork. I am not the best judge of suspension, I seem unable to feel some of the differences that my friends can appreciate, but I'm glad I did it as the fork was exploding oil and it sure beat getting a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.