Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was re-arranging some stuff in the basement this weekend and couldn't resist taking some photos of the one that started it all - my green bike.

This was my very first bike, and probably 20+ years old already by the time I got her. She was handed down through three cousins and two sisters before she became mine. Along the way she spent several years in a crawl-space under the cousin's house. After I outgrew her, she lived in my parent's crawl-space until I "rescued" her to live in my basement. She looks pretty rough, but surprisingly not much worse than when I used to ride her as a kid. :eekster:

I spent many fun years and many on and off-road miles on my green bike long before I had ever heard of a mountain bike, or mountain biking. As I got older, most of my friends had snazzy BMX bikes, but somehow I never wanted anything but my green bike.

Over the years I have occasionally toyed with the idea of trying to restore her, but I don't think I ever will. Seeing my green bike with new paint and shiny chrome just wouldn't feel right.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Spray that entire rig down, inside & out with some lube & get at it with some steel wool. A little grease. It will clean up just right. I'd also get some new rubber for it before schwinn makes it impossible to get the appropriate size & beed.

Great bike.

·