Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1090 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't think they're expected to be shipped for direct to consumer till mid-late September. I've saw some dealers tag WR1 on Instagram. I haven't saw anyone not sponsored tag WR1 on Instagram yet though. Figured a YouTube video or two would've popped up by now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So anyone got anything to report on this bike? I've got one coming around the end of October (but can still pass on it) and I know a few have been delivered. So...any reports on riding? I know the Pinkbike review was glowing, but would love to hear from "real" riders.

·
Registered
369 Posts
So anyone got anything to report on this bike? I've got one coming around the end of October (but can still pass on it) and I know a few have been delivered. So...any reports on riding? I know the Pinkbike review was glowing, but would love to hear from "real" riders.
Can you pass on it? I think their website states any cancelled orders incur a 15% fee.
That may just be for ordered wheelset a though

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah...it's from my LBS and he already has a back up sale if it doesn't work for me. I'm 90% sure it's gonna be great, but it's a chunk of change to gamble with. I do have WA1 wheels and I love them.
I have the SP2 or whichever is the cheaper one on order as well. Through WR1 though. I'm excited, I'm sure it's going to be amazing. Listen to the podcast they recently shared on their Instagram. It's very interesting.

They plan on making links to expand travel to 172mm for a Dual Crown park bike, and reduce it to as much as 120mm for a trail bike killer.

They also mentioned making a new front triangle, but of lighter construction for those who never see themselves going for a park bike. IIRC, I'd need to listen again, but it's 45 mins long or so

If I'm correct I'd rather have the heavier of the two frames, but again I may be misremembering. There's a thread in here that was actually posted by WeAreOne somewhere for this bike.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the SP2 or whichever is the cheaper one on order as well. Through WR1 though. I'm excited, I'm sure it's going to be amazing. Listen to the podcast they recently shared on their Instagram. It's very interesting.

They plan on making links to expand travel to 172mm for a Dual Crown park bike, and reduce it to as much as 120mm for a trail bike killer.

They also mentioned making a new front triangle, but of lighter construction for those who never see themselves going for a park bike. IIRC, I'd need to listen again, but it's 45 mins long or so

If I'm correct I'd rather have the heavier of the two frames, but again I may be misremembering. There's a thread in here that was actually posted by WeAreOne somewhere for this bike.
Cool...I'll have to look for the podcast. Well I think my days of going into the bike park are nearing their end, but I like the idea that they've made the bike so versatile...and it's really important to me to support locally made products.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's no local for me, but a huge selling point was it being made in North America.
Totally agree. North American made is a huge draw for me as is the repair idea as opposed to the throw away idea. I think we're both gonna love the bike. Thankfully my wife agrees...of course in full disclosure I didn't tell her how much it costs!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Totally agree. North American made is a huge draw for me as is the repair idea as opposed to the throw away idea. I think we're both gonna love the bike. Thankfully my wife agrees...of course in full disclosure I didn't tell her how much it costs!
I get married Oct 1st, I wasn't married when I bought the bike soooo surprise when it shows up lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I get married Oct 1st, I wasn't married when I bought the bike soooo surprise when it shows up lol.
Congrats! That's great. Oh yeah congrats on getting married as well! lol
My LBS had one on the floor for minutes. Before I could go deep into debt on it, it was gone. Just. Like. That.
Yeah my LBS owner let me take a spin on his and for the 10 minutes I was riding it seemed pretty nice. He's off on a one week riding vacation with the bike right now so looking forward to getting his impressions when he gets back. I'm sure there will be plenty of chances for you to go further in debt. After all isn't that what mountain biking is really about!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool...I'll have to look for the podcast. Well I think my days of going into the bike park are nearing their end, but I like the idea that they've made the bike so versatile...and it's really important to me to support locally made products.
Probably the same podcast, but I just listened to the one from Blister (bikes and big ideas). Kinda convinced me to get one when available again to order! Sounds like an interesting frame and company.

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,720 Posts
Congrats! That's great. Oh yeah congrats on getting married as well! lol

Yeah my LBS owner let me take a spin on his and for the 10 minutes I was riding it seemed pretty nice. He's off on a one week riding vacation with the bike right now so looking forward to getting his impressions when he gets back. I'm sure there will be plenty of chances for you to go further in debt. After all isn't that what mountain biking is really about!
Are we talking Inside Line?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I listened to the same podcast. I've been trying to find more info about it everywhere. I even started a We Are One Bike owners group page to try and find more insights.

On the podcast, it sounded like it the arrival will have links to make it a 172 travel bike but they decided they wouldn't make links for a short travel bike. The short travel bike will get its own lighter frame.

I ordered mine the day before the pink bike review. I figured if they were saving it for last, it would be good.

1 - 20 of 1090 Posts