Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. So I am thinking about getting a customized license plate for the first time. Obvious choices would be related to design of the frame and whether I support the cause. Therein lie the rub. The "share the road" frame is a good one, and features a roadie. I stopped riding on the road a long time ago, mainly due to the danger and conflict with motorists. The other frames benefit "fish and wildlife" etc. I am leaning towards the Orca ("endangered wildlife"). However, I do not want to benefit an organization that is exclusionary to non-motorrized access (i.e. national parks bring in me a great conflict for this reason. as well as PCT access to biking issues etc). I would much rather see habitat restoration be demolishing the issaquah highlands homes, than limiting trail access to hikers and bikers (and even horsey folks!).

So, the questions:
1. So you have one of these plates? If so, which one did you choose and why
2. Do you think any of these beneficiaries has a dubious track record in regarding MTB and trail access?

Thanks in advance :)

WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Special design plates

Attachments

·
Certified slacker
217 Posts
I have the national parks plate on my wife's car. I wouldn't mind the share the road plate for my car, but not crazy about it/ not real sure where the $$ goes either. I would probly get the state parks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.